Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

jjosefsen

A new deep sky image capture software on the rise!

10 hours ago, emyliano2000 said:

Found it and joined. Thanks 

Yeah I see you on there, and already in talks with Dark and Isbeorn. :) ?

Posted (edited)

I did use my COLOR CCD yesterday, an QHY 183C without any Filters.. 

The entire session including the guiding did work without any issues, I need to redo again the session with the COLOR CCD,

the DEBAYER function in NINA did not really give any results, but I rather prefer to retest again, once there is again a clear sky,.

Regards

Martin 

spacer.png

Edited by artem

Posted (edited)

Hi Artem,

I'm one of the NINA devs. It might be that your bayer pattern is not recognized or we don't handle debayering for ASCOM/Native Camera devices aside from DSLR. If you could join the discord and provide us with images and more detail about your specific issue we can look into that together to fix that issue. Otherwise for now you might need to live without debayering for preview images. In any case we do not debayer the images when saving them to the hard disk but save them as they come from the camera, so the debayering is for the preview of the image only.

Regards,

-darkarchon

Edited by darkarchon
  • Thanks 1

Downloaded it today, very impressed so far and performance with the native asi driver seems excellent, way better than sgp. 

• Like 2

On 28/03/2019 at 15:05, darkarchon said:

Hi Artem,

I'm one of the NINA devs. It might be that your bayer pattern is not recognized or we don't handle debayering for ASCOM/Native Camera devices aside from DSLR. If you could join the discord and provide us with images and more detail about your specific issue we can look into that together to fix that issue. Otherwise for now you might need to live without debayering for preview images. In any case we do not debayer the images when saving them to the hard disk but save them as they come from the camera, so the debayering is for the preview of the image only.

Regards,

-darkarchon 

Hello darkarchon

Thank you, I will join the discord and provide with data

I am amazed &  mpressed from N.I.N.A

thank you:thumbsup:

Martin

Hello all,

I just wanted to note that 1.8 gone stable today and to celebrate that I have made a video about many new things in NINA 1.8. I hope you like that feature overview and enjoy the application.

• Like 5

This software looks pretty promising... 

For my home pier, I'd be interested in installing it so I can capture frames while I sleep, as it seems it's only clear when I need to work in the morning :D

Does anyone have more info on how to connect the camera, guidecam, mount, focuser, etc etc... to your laptop or PC? I might opt to run my cables all the way into my house - that saves me from leaving my laptop outside... But I will need about 15 meters of cable to do so... The big question is... is this possible and what cables should do the trick? 

I did install it the other night. 

Im a beginner, and trying to find my way around.. :) But I really like the layout and style, of the UI. 

Would be awesome if it could be OSX and linux support in the future! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wiu-Wiu said:

This software looks pretty promising... 

For my home pier, I'd be interested in installing it so I can capture frames while I sleep, as it seems it's only clear when I need to work in the morning :D

Does anyone have more info on how to connect the camera, guidecam, mount, focuser, etc etc... to your laptop or PC? I might opt to run my cables all the way into my house - that saves me from leaving my laptop outside... But I will need about 15 meters of cable to do so... The big question is... is this possible and what cables should do the trick? 

I connect all mine through a powered USB hub and have no issues with this.

For a pier install over the distance you mention, you could go two ways with it.  Have a NUC sat on the pier, connect all your equipment to this (either direct if enough ports or with a powered USB hub) and then control this via a remote desktop application, or you could use a powered USB hub at the mount and then use a USB over ethernet extender to connect back to a PC inside your house.  it may be possible to use a powered USB cable to bring the hub output back to the house, but these can be temperamental and give connection issues.,

I have found it to be a great piece of software and prefer to use this over SGP, which I have paid for.  I find it very intuitive and the GUI is well laid and out and very clear

2 hours ago, Shelster1973 said:

I connect all mine through a powered USB hub and have no issues with this.

For a pier install over the distance you mention, you could go two ways with it.  Have a NUC sat on the pier, connect all your equipment to this (either direct if enough ports or with a powered USB hub) and then control this via a remote desktop application.

I have found it to be a great piece of software and prefer to use this over SGP, which I have paid for.  I find it very intuitive and the GUI is well laid and out and very clear

That's exactly how I connect mine. I'm using sgp on the pier but I'm using NINA on my second setup.

Posted (edited)

interesting, any focusing aid like Bathinov grabber?

how do I shoot single frames?

Mosaic planning possible?

Edited by niccoc1603

4 hours ago, niccoc1603 said:

interesting, any focusing aid like Bathinov grabber?

how do I shoot single frames?

Mosaic planning possible?

There is a bahtinov tool yes.

Single frames can be captured in the imaging tab.

You can plan mosaics in the framing tab.