SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A new deep sky image capture software on the rise!

jjosefsen

11 minutes ago, Fraunhoffer said:

Installed on my 'test' win10 x32 laptop but could run.
Got the start-up splash (picture of an observatory) and then it quit itself.

Pity - it looked quite user friendly.

Did you install the 32bit version?

Do you have .Net installed?

.NET Framework 4.7.2 or later

Also make sure you go for the latest release candidate..

Version 1.8 RC003

17 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

Did you install the 32bit version?

Do you have .Net installed?

.NET Framework 4.7.2 or later

Also make sure you go for the latest release candidate..

Version 1.8 RC003

Hi
.NET was already installed and had used the x32 version of 1.7
1.8 RC003  starts up ok with the swirly picture and then UI, so will have a play now ?

thanks

• Like 1

My end, WIndows 10 64Bit, and everything works very well. waiting for clear sky to make a live functional testing.. 

Thank you

Martin

Downloaded the 64bit version the other day and looks good apart from a few issues.

The camera I am using is the Starlight Xpress H-694 and it appears it the drop down list, but I do not get any read out of camera temp or power useage.  Also, the Starlight Xpress filter wheel does not appear to be pulling any info from the ASCOM driver as to what filter is in what wheel.

Am busy over next week, so will try the 32 bit version next week and see if that makes any difference.

Those issues withstanding, if I get it up and running can see me using this a lot as I really like the look and feel so far

2 hours ago, Shelster1973 said:

Downloaded the 64bit version the other day and looks good apart from a few issues.

The camera I am using is the Starlight Xpress H-694 and it appears it the drop down list, but I do not get any read out of camera temp or power useage.  Also, the Starlight Xpress filter wheel does not appear to be pulling any info from the ASCOM driver as to what filter is in what wheel.

Am busy over next week, so will try the 32 bit version next week and see if that makes any difference.

Those issues withstanding, if I get it up and running can see me using this a lot as I really like the look and feel so far

Hi,

Make sure the installed and selected ascom driver is also 64bit and not 32bit.

There is a button in the settings pane to import the filters from ASCOM.

image.thumb.png.c5cdc43cc34e5a6ddf2d90b0634104ae.png

Just now, jjosefsen said:

Hi,

Make sure the installed and selected ascom driver is also 64bit and not 32bit.

There is a button in the settings pane to import the filters from ASCOM.

image.thumb.png.c5cdc43cc34e5a6ddf2d90b0634104ae.png

I have found that page, but the import button does nothing.  As you have mentioned and as i suspect, it may be that I am using 32 bit ASCOM.  Will report back when I get a chance to test

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Just wondered if there would be support for Sony Cameras?

I just checked the issue tracker, and no one has requested it yet. ? Kind of surprised by that..

https://bitbucket.org/Isbeorn/nina/issues?status=new&status=open&page=1

The usual issue with adding native support for a camera is if a contributor can get a hold of a camera, or someone steps up to put in the time to help with the testing.

10 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

I just checked the issue tracker, and no one has requested it yet. ? Kind of surprised by that..

https://bitbucket.org/Isbeorn/nina/issues?status=new&status=open&page=1

The usual issue with adding native support for a camera is if a contributor can get a hold of a camera, or someone steps up to put in the time to help with the testing.

Problem with Sony, - they have not shared their firmware code...

I tested  NINA yesterday for the 1st time and NINA did perform GREAT, did also try the PHD2 for guiding and was able to image an entire hour without any breakdowns or malfunctions..

Next time I will try to use the POLAR ALIGNING function, I did not manage to get that work yesterday, but I need to read the specs.

Great software is NINA.

Cheers

Martin

NINA.JPG

Today I will try again with NINA but with a color CCD, to try and see the DEBAYER function + Polar Aligning function.. 

Cheers

Martin

PA tool? 
was curious to check how it works and ran into the second bug...

I have older NINA ver. 1.6.0.2, and once started, it shows available update to ver 1.7.0

update install failed at the end... re-downloaded new one, install fails, - need to remove old completely to get to ver 1.7.0. 

Not a big deal, but something is missing in the update routine

P.S.

Win10 Pro 64bit, fully updated

image.png.6ec41d3b8c143b679128beeccefed818.png

Edited by RolandKol

@RolandKol

Use the version Version 1.8 RC005, uninstall what your have and install from new the version 1.8 RC005

I have also the same Windows version you have.. 

Good luck

Martin

2 hours ago, Rob Farmiloe said:

How do you control your mount when using this App,  does it run alongside EQmod?

Thanks.

In fact, with software like NINA, you even do not need star maps, like Stellarium or similar, - ofcourse, if you know your targets and do not need to search for them.

NINA has the skymap inside as an addon, or downloads target images from web (to save HDD space).

So once you created target and sequence via NINA it will move mount to the target.

Platesolving should be enabled to make it work properly.

I am also " as you already may see ? " amazed from NINA.. I did " pay ?" so much money for commercial apps for imaging purposes and then surprised how good NINA performs..

Another SUB from yesterday 60 Seconds Ha with NINA guided with PHD2 " with NINA " 

Cheers

Martin

spacer.png 

1 minute ago, artem said:

I am also " as you already may see ? " amazed from NINA.. I did " pay ?" so much money for commercial apps for imaging purposes and then surprised how good NINA performs..

Another SUB from yesterday 60 Seconds Ha with NINA guided with PHD2 " with NINA " 

Cheers

Martin 

yep, I am only sad, they fixed ZWO EFWL connection problem, only after I paid for SGP :)
I am lucky like always.... nothing new :)

1 minute ago, RolandKol said:

yep, I am only sad, they fixed ZWO EFWL connection problem, only after I paid for SGP :)
I am lucky like always.... nothing new :)

I see Roland,

I also have SGP,  but telling the truth, I do not consider SGP as one of the software's I did pay for and regret paying for.. 

SGP is one of my favorite, and now also NINA.

I have some more I did pay for..????  

Cheers

Martin

I have never actually tried the Polar alignment routine in NINA, as Sharpcap polar alignment works so well.. But I have been meaning to give it a swirl..

@RolandKol Isbeorn built the autoupdate functions quite recently, so there might be some iffy backwards compatibility with that.

In general he has been doing a lot of things with the installation package to make it work better "out of the box", it could be a bit of a pain at times.

@artem I am not sure how well the debayer routine works with some of the statistics calculations, they are quite resource intensive to calculate on an RGB image I think, and might be disabled or give bad "download" performance.

But give it a try! I leave debayering off, even when using my DSLR, as I am mostly just interested in seeing the quality of subs, colors are off anyways as I am shooting through filters and stuff. :)