SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

iAstroHub

Are there any users of iAstroHub on here?

Am looking to streamline my setup and as I have a Raspberry Pi sitting around doing not a lot, was contemplating giving this a go to see if it would work for me.

Seems there is a good bit of documentation around for getting it setup and running too, but was after some real world user opinions and views

26 minutes ago, Shelster1973 said:

Am guessing that you are running a homebrew version of StellarMate?

Well if you Have any experience with Linux, then you will have no issues at all, I had nine and got on fine.

I actually use Stellarmate, I bought the OS for $49, much easier for someone like me with no Linux experience...

The rpi is just an indi server mounted on the pier, so does not have much to do, then I run Kstars indoors on my Kubuntu laptop, it works really really well, the rpi does have the full SM OS on there so could do it all from there, but can be a bit slow with platesolvimg and certain camera image download.

No more Ascom or USB issues since the change... :)

If you do decide to go this route then join the INdI forum and ask, I will be glad to help.... 

2 minutes ago, Shelster1973 said:

Sweet.

Gives me a project for over the weekend now.

Did spot a post of @Gina from a few years back that details how to build a RPi so will have a long old read of that too.

Would be great to run it all from my iPad....

You can run it all from an iPad, as it uses noVNC to connect to it via the web....but that way the rpi has to do all the work, which I have done, there is also a SM app.... :)

Archived