Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saved £185 with simple mod for LX weight system

LeeRich

Well, i sort of did as i already owned the Meade weight system for my 8" LX90 but i was dammed if i was gunna pay it again for my 10" lol ?

So, while fabricating my bespoke wedge project i cut a strip of 3mm steel bar, painted it up and fitted tonight. Even with the heaviest of my 

ep's (ES 40mm 2" 68deg) i only needed the middle weight on which is encouraging as i plan to EQ this scope and piggy back a little frac and as i have

since found out from Meade that the max payload including everything other then the OTA is 12lbs i now feel confident i will be well inside this limit.

And to be honest i would rather be WELL inside it rather then near it just for my own piece of mind regarding the longevity of my scopes drives.

I tapped the holes where the original bar locates so i can remove it and put it back on the 8" if needed leaving the extension bar on the 10" ?

Thanks for looking in.

Lee.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I found imaging needed a 3D balance system that could be rotated east to balance, there was a file on the LX200GPS Yahoo group by Doc Clay Shepherd on how to balance a wedge mounted SCT using a 3D balancing system, don't know if it's still on there.

Did I post a picture of mine in one of your threads ?

Dave

22 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Did I post a picture of mine in one of your threads ?

I do believe you did somewhere Dave, i will most certainly be looking into it as i appreciate just weights on the bottom of the OTA unless matched with the piggypack gear

probably wont suffice so i may still have some balance to fine tune but this is a start :D

14 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Recycling at its best.

Can't beat a bit of recycling lol I will adopt this idea when I get a little frac to piggy back on top but I may use alloy as this bar may need to be wider of sorts and maybe sculpted out to match my OTA but I will be sure to post pics once designed and fabricated.

Thanks to all who looked in on this little metal mod job 

Clear skies all.

Archived