SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anything I can do with these?

Hi guys,

So I tried photographing M45 and M31 the other night. I am struggling with the processing and wondering if there is anything I can do with the images or if I need better data ( the moon was quite bright ).

I can't remember the exact settings for the images but they have been stacked in DSS. If anyone could look it would be much appreciated.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!At2HsbO3QDb610ISoRUR5gQEQOhL

yep..

difficult one... 

my quick interpretation in Pixinsight....

Not sure which scope/lense you used, but stars in the corners suffer from coma badly... if it is lens, push F stop higher.

If it was a small refractor, - check/test different spacings between the camera and the scope. 

And yes, read and learn about Flats and other calibration subs

Autosave002.thumb.jpg.383be76d6f8b94bc44b44d9bf32a687e.jpg

12 hours ago, RolandKol said:

yep..

difficult one... 

my quick interpretation in Pixinsight....

Not sure which scope/lense you used, but stars in the corners suffer from coma badly... if it is lens, push F stop higher.

If it was a small refractor, - check/test different spacings between the camera and the scope. 

And yes, read and learn about Flats and other calibration subs

Autosave002.thumb.jpg.383be76d6f8b94bc44b44d9bf32a687e.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad there is data to get out of the images. I'll have to give getting the coma corrected as I did wonder why with the alignment some stars had still seemed to trail but you have answered that question. 

Archived