Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sunshine

OK i Want the Redcat Now!

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

 

But you actually have a very nice data in it ;) maybe some  "pix" or "PS" ninja will mange to help you out on it ;)

I did tried my Sam135mm with Canon1300D in my backgarden, 

thx roland.  I use gimp to remove the noise and it is a bit of a struggle with that software.  Not sure im ready to shell out on pix...  But maybe the time has come. 

Fyi I'm looking to buy a 135 samyang. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rorymultistorey said:

thx roland.  I use gimp to remove the noise and it is a bit of a struggle with that software.  Not sure im ready to shell out on pix...  But maybe the time has come. 

Fyi I'm looking to buy a 135 samyang. 

hehehe, no no no ;)
I have not played enough with it yet ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rorymultistorey said:

 

Fyi I'm looking to buy a 135 samyang. 

There's one in the classifieds section

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not try StarTools much better wallet wise and you can download a full version to use to trial it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Why not try StarTools much better wallet wise and you can download a full version to use to trial it.

good idea... but my computer is pretty slow and startools is quite RAM and processor power hungry. I'm gonna have to sort this out I guess after all I've spent a lot on scopes and stuff, probably time to spend a lot on computers and software too!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran it for 2+ years on xp 32 bit and as long as waited for processing to stop it didn't crash too much. I'm using same PC just win10 64 bit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good and cheaper alternative to that little WO scope would be a used Canon EF 300mm f/4 USM. Being a professional telephoto lens means that it is in reality an apochromatic refractor with a flat field and has a bigger aperture (75 mm) and lower f-ratio than the WO scope. You do not want a new one because they have a costly built-in image stabilizer that would just mess things up (it could move, cause tilt and introduces more lenses). The older ones do not have this and are therefore quite cheap used (most people want image stabilizers). I bought one a few years ago as a piggy back scope. I attach a DSLR (Canon 60D) HaRGB image taken with it. Ha was taken with a 12 nm Astronomik clip on filter. I just checked ebay and you can get them from 350 punds:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EF-300mm-F-4-L-IS-USM-Lens-in-Excellent-Condition-and-original-box/323728755118?epid=100017066&hash=item4b5fbcc9ae:g:jIwAAOSwjlBcg6an&frcectupt=true

EDIT: Some things are too good to be true and I just noticed that the 350 pounds was an auction price so maybe 500 - 600 punds would be a more realistic price, and the ad I found was for a newer IS (Image Stabilizer) version so do not bid on that.

IMG5352-425NyPS6+HaLumPS13smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2019 at 07:20, gorann said:

A good and cheaper alternative to that little WO scope would be a used Canon EF 300mm f/4 USM. Being a professional telephoto lens means that it is in reality an apochromatic refractor with a flat field and has a bigger aperture (75 mm) and lower f-ratio than the WO scope. You do not want a new one because they have a costly built-in image stabilizer that would just mess things up (it could move, cause tilt and introduces more lenses). The older ones do not have this and are therefore quite cheap used (most people want image stabilizers). I bought one a few years ago as a piggy back scope. I attach a DSLR (Canon 60D) HaRGB image taken with it. Ha was taken with a 12 nm Astronomik clip on filter. I just checked ebay and you can get them from 350 punds:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EF-300mm-F-4-L-IS-USM-Lens-in-Excellent-Condition-and-original-box/323728755118?epid=100017066&hash=item4b5fbcc9ae:g:jIwAAOSwjlBcg6an&frcectupt=true

EDIT: Some things are too good to be true and I just noticed that the 350 pounds was an auction price so maybe 500 - 600 punds would be a more realistic price, and the ad I found was for a newer IS (Image Stabilizer) version so do not bid on that.

IMG5352-425NyPS6+HaLumPS13smallSign.jpg

This is an absolutely beautiful image, WOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2019 at 01:23, RayD said:

Exactly that.  He comes across as, and I'm sure is, a really nice guy, but I have never heard him say a single bad word about anything from WO, which is simply not possible.  I've owned a couple of their OTA's so can definitely confirm that!

He makes great videos and clearly has a talent for videography, and I do enjoy watching them, but if I am looking at a review I want to know the good and the bad.

Exactly.

He is a good youtuber and I enjoy watching him too, but when I see he reviews a product I just simply ignore it and I dont even watch those videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.