Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to get a DSLR modified?

smr

Hi,

I am currently still deciding what to do with regards cameras. Ultimately I want to buy a 1600MM Pro Mono and Filters or similar, but that's going to cost upwards of £1k. 

So in the meantime until I get such funds for that I think I may buy a 700D or similar (my first DSLR was a 700D which I sold to my Dad before I got into AP so I know it well). I just think imaging Ha nebulae is too time consuming with my unmodified Canon 80D, which I can still use for all other non-Ha targets anyway. But for Ha targets I just think I'll be happier with a camera that can pick it up easier. 

Buy the time I do buy a mono CMOS camera I'll be able to sell the 700D anyway so I'll probably have only lost around £50 if I sell it later this year.

If I do buy one who is a reputable and trusted person to send it to for modifying, and would you recommend a full spectrum mod or just the IR cut? 

I'm about to list my trusty 1100d full spectrum mod this weekend (modified myself) on here and ebay, and I'll include a couple of batteries and an SD card. Also has a hot shoe adapter to mount a RDF. Bit of damage to the case where I forgot to remove a screw and got a bit forceful (was the first camera I modified), but doesn't impact on use. Infact I'll argue it will improve airflow ;) 

Looking for £120 inc delivery. I can include a zoom lens and hoya IR/UV filter for another £20.

Otherwise I'm about to modify a pristine 1300d, again full spectrum, and will be looking for £220inc delivery

Archived