Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hey guys! It's me ,kronos 

Yesterday my 8" dob arrived and i had some lovely views with it! I also bought an astroessential t ring for my nikon Dslr.

Im looking towards planetary imaging (not serious, just for the fun) what else do i need?(btw my cam is a nikon D7100)

which scope do you have?

If your dob isn't a tracking model, but manual, you may have a hard time,  imaging planets will be a challenge with such a scope, you need tracking for imaging except for lunar. An 8" dob may not handle the weight of a DSLR without slipping on you, which will make holding steady and focusing hard to achieve. Maybe others here have managed this and, can provide the right formula for achieving planetary DSLR planetary with this scope.

Theres a member at my local astro club who uses a manual mount for planetary. He frames the target at the edge of the field of view and records as the planet tracks across. When it passes he readjusts and repeats. He reckons it can yield good results as the image is quite stable as the mount doesn't move. Centring the object is done in post processing.

Archived