Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Moon - FL102 at F10

NickH

Decided if you can't beat em...

The full (practically) Moon and our village school deciding to light up the village like blackpool tonight, meant it was narrowband or the Moon, so having not imaged the latter in full for years, thought I would give it a go with the FL102 and the Skynyx

Here's the result so far (10 pane composite)

30 more to add :-) (RGB channels...gonna add some colour to this one)

FL102 with a Skynyx 2-0m, Atik Filter wheel, using CLS, RGB filters (this is the CLS channel) IR blocking

10265_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Colour version, first attempt (may adjust the hue/balance). Subtle, but if you adjust the saturation too much, it turns all mushy!

Also got the balance wrong using the colour filters (settings on the Skynyx)

10266_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thank you..

Here's what she looks like in the raw (so to speak)

Only used a 10 pixel feather in iMerge (trim = 5 margin = 10). Secret is not to let Registax auto level anything.

(and also to not be a numpty, with over-saturating the channels , as I have done...)

10267_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It had the makings of a great image Nick. Have you lost it now, or can you recover it and carry on?

Ron. :D

Still got it, do you think more colour or adjust the levels for each channel?

Oh, I wouldn't presume to tell you how to improve it Nick, an Imager of your calibre. I just find these lunar colouration's very pleasing to see.

If I might suggest going way back to some work by Geppetto, Phil. Thompson who is a member you know of I'm sure. He was a fine moon colourer. If you have Augusts 2007 Sky at Night magazine, he has an example published in it. It will of course, be in the Imaging Lunar/Solar section, some way prior to that date.

Found it Nick. I'm sure there is another one with more colouration than this one though.

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,13722.0.html

Having had another long perusal of your image Nick, I feel I have been a bit presumptious suggesting you change it. It looks pretty good, and I have consulted the biggest critic I know what she thinks, and she likes it a lot.

Ron. :salute:

Well, I take all comments, and welcome them, so thank you anyway.

Here's one with better orientation, and I fixed up some colour wash issues too.

10268_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And this version with added Landing sites...just for fun..

10269_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived