SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

46P Wirtanen through the kitchen door

'Poundland' tripod mounted Canon 600D -EOS lens at 18mm IS0 6400  1x 10sec RAW exposure - all a bit last minute and half asleep. Took this in my dressing-gown as I had gone to bed because of horizon to horizon cloud. My wife had got up as she is an insomniac and noticing the 'starry sky' decided to kick me into life.  So at 2:00am in the morning on the 16th December 2018, I fell down stairs grabbed my camera fixed it to the first tripod I could find , piled some boxes on a chair, balanced the tripod on the boxes and started snapping using the timer - Then over time lots of fiddlin' about  to reduce a bit of the noise,  lift luminance of comet and accentuate the colour of the stars.  I like comets and love the Hyades and the Pleiades so an astro snap of 46P Wirtanen between the two clusters worked for me even though the acquisition  was all a bit 'Heath Robinson'.

Wirtanen through the Kitchen door.png

Archived