SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SW Esprit ED80 shots on Feb 10; 14 and 15

pc387

Here are 3 shots taken with my esprit ed80 and ATIK 460 taken on 10th; 14th and 15th Feb on a Paramount MyT mount . I left the mount running all night for the bubble and NGC7822, but despite the promise of clear nights over 50% of subs were ruined by clouds.

Details are m42 Lumin; 30secs; 60 secs; 120 secs; 300 secs x10 followed by HDR composition in PI. 9x 300 secs each for RGB(1x1)

Bubble; 16x H,O,S each by 600 secs

7822 8x H,O,S each by 600 secs

Main processing was done in PI, followed by tweaks in PSE 15 (some selective actions in "Noels actions" for PSE). 

I Like to process all my shots ready for print (ADOBE RGB workspace) so always disappointed the way photo's appear on screen, since a print always appears to be more forgiving in  terms of noise and colour rendition etc.

All constructive criticism as to processing technique, workflows etc would be appreciated.

pc387

bubble.jpg

M42.jpg

NGC7822.jpg

Nice work, I really like the luminence component of NGC 7822, perfect target for your scope.  The bubble and 7822 seem to have lost their Ha and SII colour.  Has this happened in processing or the transfer here?  Adobe RGB has a wider colour gamut than sRGB so before posting you need to remap your image to sRGB to have a better idea how it is going to look over the internet

Hi Thanks for the comments and tips,

I'll certainly look at re-mapping to sRGB when posting images in the future.

As far as loss of Ha and SII colour, I'm not sure where this may have occurred. I usually end up with 2 saved TIFF versions (8 bit and 32 bit) in pixinsight. 

I use the 8 bit version in Photoshop Elements to carry out further tweaks before saving as JPEG and posting.

pc387

Archived