Narrowband

Brief Object List.

Yes, one of my favourite clusters as well. My thought when I read the Cas list was that it should be there. But what caught my eye was when I got to UMa and thought ... the owl nebula isn't ngc457! Really should learn to read what is actually there rather than what I think is there.

E&OE ?

I joined SGL recently and have already learned so much. Most of those targets on that list would have by passed me if not for the great observation reports you guys post here.  Can't wait to get out there and see them for myself !!!!

Thanks to all.

8 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Yes, one of my favourite clusters as well. My thought when I read the Cas list was that it should be there. But what caught my eye was when I got to UMa and thought ... the owl nebula isn't ngc457! Really should learn to read what is actually there rather than what I think is there.

It is labelled the owl cluster not the owl nebula M97 (NGC 3587).

Just checked.

An interesting list with some very fine objects on it. One more slight error jumped out at me. NGC 1514 isn't the Eskimo Nebula and it isn't in Gemini. It's in Taurus.

EDIT: Just spotted another. The brightest star in NGC 457 is phi Cas (not phi UMa as suggested in your list). It isn't 200,000 times the size of the Sun - no stars are that big. The star is a multiple, two components of which are supergiants. The brightest component, A, has a *luminosity* of 170,000 solar, but its mass is just 6x solar, and its radius maybe 250 - 260x solar.

Still a really good target list!

On 18/02/2019 at 07:09, AstroCiaran123 said:

Have listed a few objects of interest from a few recent posts on SGL.  (Whiled away a quiet Sunday).  Just a general this and that. 

Astro PDF.pdf

Lot of the objects are in Northern Hemisphere, which not visible below latitude 28 deg South, Southern Hemisphere

Same as objects we see, not visible Northern Hemisphere, such as the CRUX

Tks for sharing

Will make use of it

John

Archived