Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Viewing Setup for others...

I'm moving over to a different setup, and will be focusing on DSLR + Lens photography. I get a lot of requests to look through the scope in the village, and after selling these I wont have one for them to look through!

As such, I'm after a reasonably reasonable viewing scope, for others to use. Maybe the occasional look when I'm waiting for imaging. It will need to be easily be used by young children up to adults. I'm sure the primary targets will be the planets. Maybe M31 and M45/42 every so often.

I'm thinking an 8" dob? What eyepieces would you reccomend? Any filters? I'm a bit unsure about having to show people how to 'nudge' the dob but I'm sure it's pretty easy.

Any other ideas to make it easily accessible for people? Simplicity being key.

Many thanks,

Kurt

I'm thinking an 8" dob? What eyepieces would you reccomend? Any filters? I'm a bit unsure about having to show people how to 'nudge' the dob but I'm sure it's pretty easy.

Any other ideas to make it easily accessible for people? Simplicity being key.

Hi Kurt,

I found that using an observing chair with my dob made a huge difference. When you're in a comfortable position it's much easier to relax and observe rather than just looking at an object, you get to see much more.

Lidl sell an ironing chair a few times a year and they're ideal for the purpose :D

Cheers,

Ian

Archived