Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pixinsight hangs at splash screen....

Skipper Billy

I am experiencing a frustrating problem with Pixinsight since the most recent major update.

When I launch the programme it hangs at the splash screen for ~ 60 seconds. Message at bottom of splash screen = Creating Component Windows. All other programmes start normally.

After that it runs properly.

Latest version of Pixinsight - Windows 10 Pro (fully up to date with Windows updates) - i5 machine with 16GB RAM and an SSD. I have the programme installed on an identical machine in the observatory and Pixinsight starts up in about 3 seconds.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the programme - just the same.

Any ideas ??

I have had a few issues with 1.8.6. The subframe selector process doesn't work for me despite an update with a supposed fix. The script works fine though. I have also had funny artifacts and results from either stacking or combining channels. Closing and running the program has solved theses issues but I've still had thoughts of going back to 1.8.5

1.8.6 is working fine for me on Win10 Pro.

Did you uninstall the previous version and reboot before installing 1.8.6 ?

p.s. Pretty sure Pi doesn't use java which I don't have /don't want on any of my boxes!

Archived