31 minutes ago, Wayne76 said:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone try to use the one shot color image combine with HA image,

Currently I am using QHY10 CCD,

If anyone know how do to it, 

Pls let me know thanks, 

Many Thanks, !!

Wayne

You seperate out the RGB channels from the OSC image and then use blend mode lighten in PS to add the Ha to the Red Channel. If you like you can also blend a little tiny tiny bit in with the green and blue channels too. You then recombine the channels and you have your image. You can then take the resulting color layer and re-apply the HA over the top of it as a layer of using luminosity blend and re-saturate the resultant image. 

Adam

23 minutes ago, Wayne76 said:

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone try to use the one shot color image combine with HA image,

Currently I am using QHY10 CCD,

If anyone know how do to it, 

Pls let me know thanks, 

Many Thanks, !!

Wayne

Well you Have one answer, now I will tell you my simpler one..

Just combine the Ha and RGB image and job done...I use APP..simples :)

sounds easy and it is, but you need to know APP, after that it is very easy...

11 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Simple but out of your control, perhaps? This is not for everyone. The method described by Adam gives full control to the imager with lots of room for weighting and adjustment along the way. In the event of the Ha being too prevalent or creating artefacts in places it can be placed over the original OSC as a layer and reduced in opacity or any artefacts selectively erased.

Are we actually answering Wayne76's intended question here? Wayne, are you asking how to combine an Ha image with an OSC or how to contstruct an Ha image when using an Ha filter on an OSC chip?

Olly

3 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Simple but out of your control, perhaps? This is not for everyone. The method described by Adam gives full control to the imager with lots of room for weighting and adjustment along the way. In the event of the Ha being too prevalent or creating artefacts in places it can be placed over the original OSC as a layer and reduced in opacity or erased.

Are we actually answering Wayne76's intended question here? Wayne, are you asking how to combine an Ha image with an OSC or how to contstruct an Ha image when using an Ha filter on an OSC chip?

Olly

Hi Olly, 

Thank for the reply, I am asking how to combine OSC with HA image, 

but HA image will also be shot by OSC, 

23 minutes ago, Adam J said:

You seperate out the RGB channels from the OSC image and then use blend mode lighten in PS to add the Ha to the Red Channel. If you like you can also blend a little tiny tiny bit in with the green and red channels too. You then recombine the channels and you have your image. You can then take the resulting color layer and re-apply the HA over the top of it as a layer of using luminosity blend and re-saturate the resultant image. 

Adam

Thanks Adam, I use PixInsigh mainly, the process seems complex....

15 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

sounds easy and it is, but you need to know APP, after that it is very easy...

Hi Adam,

Which APP do you use

2 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Ah sorry cant help with that I use APP and Photoshop.

I am about to going in Mono imaging, but I just though for all the OSC images which I have shot in the past  years might still have some use, 

4 minutes ago, Wayne76 said:

Hi Adam,

Which APP do you use

APP is Astro Pixel Processor, it is a simplified stacking and processing program in comparison to Pix Insight that gives good results that can automate some tasks like channel combining. But as Olly says PS gives you more control.

1 minute ago, Wayne76 said:

Hi Olly, 

Thank for the reply, I am asking how to combine OSC with HA image, 

but HA image will also be shot by OSC, 

Fine, then you have two answers both of which will work. I watch new methods of Ha combining appear on the scene, notably Pixinsight's and APP's, but I still prefer Photoshop and the application of Ha to red in Blend Mode Lighten.  Once you get into the swing of it you can experiment with processing the Ha specifically to be used in this way. This means it doesn't have to be processed to look good on its own. Some of my Ha layers look horrible when processed to go into red in blend mode lighten.  However, you don't have to worry about noise in Ha where it is less bright than the red layer quite simply because it won't be applied in 'Lighten' mode. I also tend to process Ha with ultra-hard contrasts for adding to red because the red layer will soften and blur them anyway.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't watch the video, but a Pixinsight approach for this would be:

(1) Split your RGB image into R, G and B (there's a toolbar icon for this) channels/images and have your Ha image open too
(2) Open the Pixelmath process and make sure you can edit all three colour channels (I think you have to uncheck a little box to open up the lines)
(3) In Pixelmath, just use a simple weighting formula to add the Ha into whatever channel you want, mainly red of course, so for e.g. for R: 0.5*(Name of Red Channel Image) + 0.5*(Name of Ha Image) and so on for G and B, if you wish, or just enter the names of the G and B images in the right lines, if you don't want to add Ha to those 
(4) Before pressing apply, make sure you selected "Create a new image" and the RGB colour space as output options
(5) Apply - you should get a new image with the desired mix...if you don't like it, the beauty of Pixelmath is you can just go back in and change the weightings as you wish and you'll get another image to compare to the first

Please note - for each colour channel, make sure the weightings add to 1 - so 0.5 + 0.5 in my example above. 

Hope this helps!

Archived