Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Watch out, watch out, the Moon's about!

daz

Well, when it's clear and at nearly 80%, what else are you gonna do!!

So, 1st stack from tonight's efforts.. I have some work to do, however, as although I shot 5,000 frames, this is just about 580 due to hitting a 2gb file limit. I think I need to have a look and find something that will load and sort all of the files, or something like PIPP to pre-sort the frames... anyway, a job for the weekend!

Shot through my Skywatcher ED72 with my AtikGP cam. Stacked in AS!2 and tweaked in CS5. The processing was:

• Gentle curves
  • High pass filter, gently x 2
  • Tweaked exposure
  • Sharpen More
  • Sharpen More, pulled down to about 10%

20190215_Lunar_Daz.png

8 hours ago, daz said:

Well, when it's clear and at nearly 80%, what else are you gonna do!!

So, 1st stack from tonight's efforts.. I have some work to do, however, as although I shot 5,000 frames, this is just about 580 due to hitting a 2gb file limit. I think I need to have a look and find something that will load and sort all of the files, or something like PIPP to pre-sort the frames... anyway, a job for the weekend!

Shot through my Skywatcher ED72 with my AtikGP cam. Stacked in AS!2 and tweaked in CS5. The processing was:

• Gentle curves
  • High pass filter, gently x 2
  • Tweaked exposure
  • Sharpen More
  • Sharpen More, pulled down to about 10%

20190215_Lunar_Daz.png

That looks amazing ?. This may be a daft question as i am very new to imaging. I have only done single shots so far. When you say you shot 5000 frames, how did you achieve this? I cannot imagine you sat there and pressed the shutter button 5000 times.

Nice Moon Daz.

2 hours ago, Chefgage said:

That looks amazing ?. This may be a daft question as i am very new to imaging. I have only done single shots so far. When you say you shot 5000 frames, how did you achieve this? I cannot imagine you sat there and pressed the shutter button 5000 times.

The AtikGP Cam can record video at upto 30fps so this would be just under 3 minutes of video. Most capture apps (like FireCapture, SharpCap) let you specify either a time length or max number of frames to capture.

4 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Nice Moon Daz.

The AtikGP Cam can record video at upto 30fps so this would be just under 3 minutes of video. Most capture apps (like FireCapture, SharpCap) let you specify either a time length or max number of frames to capture.

Ah i see now, thanks.

8 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Nice Moon Daz.

Thanks David :)

And to everyone for your comments :)

Archived