Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Align and create GIF?

Does anyone know how I can align my solar images and create a GIF? I have PS CS6 and have aligned them under Scripts but there's supposed to be an Animate option under Window. I suspect that's in later versions. Can I still do this in CS6 or is there other software I can use?

Alexxx

imppg does a great job of aligning images before animating, better than PS, http://greatattractor.github.io/imppg/

After aligning / cropping I animate them in P'Shop CS4 using the animation option under window, if they're tiff files convert to something with smaller file sizes, load files into stack under scripts then make frames from layers and fiddle with the timings.

Under files / save for web and devices choose the GIF option from the drop down menu at the top to save as animated gif.

Dave

Author here; in ImPPG use the Tools/Align image sequence… menu option. Let me know if you have questions.

Personally I create animated GIFs in GIMP: File/Open as Layers…, then you can crop/edit them all or individually, preview the animation with Filters/Animation/Playback…, and finally create the GIF with File/Export, choose GIF and select As animation.

20 hours ago, GreatAttractor said:

Author here; in ImPPG use the Tools/Align image sequence… menu option. Let me know if you have questions.

Personally I create animated GIFs in GIMP: File/Open as Layers…, then you can crop/edit them all or individually, preview the animation with Filters/Animation/Playback…, and finally create the GIF with File/Export, choose GIF and select As animation.

Very many thanks. I don't know why but ImPPG didn't stack the images properly. Is there anything I can do to ensure they align? I've attached one of the images so you can see what I'm working on.

002  - 11_31_28_g4_ap5 adj.jpg

Archived