Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece caps.

I need advice on where to get replacement caps for eyepieces, as well as the little inserts that go into a visual back / barlow, etc. I did come across a site that offered such, but like a fool did not bookmark it and cannot find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?  I am not the best at keeping such things ordered. ?

9 hours ago, Greymouser said:

I need advice on where to get replacement caps for eyepieces, as well as the little inserts that go into a visual back / barlow, etc. I did come across a site that offered such, but like a fool did not bookmark it and cannot find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?  I am not the best at keeping such things ordered. ?

I've always been surprised at the cost of these things here in the UK, and the lack of anywhere selling them in multiples, so the cost becomes even more disproportionate.

Searches on Ebay seem to always lead to a supplier in the US, where they are quite reasonable, but then of course the shipping and VAT brings them back up to 2 or 3 pounds each.

My salvation has always been Amazon, where they can usually be had from one supplier for £9.80 for a set of five plugs and five caps, (making them just a pound each if you have Prime).

The quality seems the same as most OEM plugs and caps, rather than being 3D printed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dust-Caps-1-25-Telescope-Eyepieces/dp/B0753BP8ZX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1550302840&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Dust+Caps+for+1.25"+Telescope&psc=1

The cost seems disproportionate to the cost of manufacture.  Astro suppliers seem to be missing a trick by not giving these caps away with their names printed on them,?

Plastic milk bottle caps (65p with a free plastic bottle and pint of milk ?) will work as a temporary eyepiece cap.

Archived