Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unbelievable Jeff !! - not actually

Telescope40

Sorry all.  Had to post something to ease the pain. Not been out for a session since Christmas.  Lost my mojo a bit TBH. No chance last nite due to SWIMBO.

Not a cloud in the sky all day. NOT ONE !!

Currently very misty. Not even fussed to try the Devils orb as a big halo around it. 

Feel better now I have shared the love. 

Hope others having a much better evening. 

Regards as always.   John 

Chin up!

My mojo has been off more than on over the 45 years I've been a stargazer.

Even though I thought I'd been reborn a few years ago, life still gets in the way. Becoming foster carers sank my enthusiasm most recently, but I don't knock myself out over it. The sky will be there when I'm ready and I take comfort in that knowledge.

And, and, thrice and, it's never cloudy on SGL ?

Yep, it can be painful when that happens.  Thursday night was crystal clear though and was my first session out in approx a year and a half.  I've just moved house so it's rather easier for me now to get in a quick session than before which helps enormously.

Hi John,

I had a similar evening, spoilt more by the sky than domestic stuff this time. I've been feeling rubbish for almost 2 weeks, during which time we have probably 5 lovely , moonless nights, that I couldn't take advantage of.. last night the sky looked good apart from a very bright waxing moon, but the seeing was just lousy - I couldn't even split Rigel in my Tak, even after an hour! And the moon was a boiling mush, even at only x50.

So I cut my losses and went back inside before 8.30pm to watch TV. C'est la vie..

But still very disappointing, even though I know there will be other nights.

John, keep smiling, it will get better, as surely as the sun rises each morning ☺?

Dave

I was told by a psychologist the other day (I was at a conference) that if something takes you more than 20 seconds to do then you are more likely to find an excuse in your head not to do it. This is probably why I have not observed much lately as I have so much on with various things that it's a step too far sometimes.

That said I think that once my garden and obs are finished and my degree completed I'll have both more time to do it and a better environment to do it in so I am sure my own keen interest will continue. I have started reading a lot more (mainly popular astrophysics books) and this is a great alternative for now for me at least.

Hope you get your mojo back mate. I am a bit closer to you now so maybe pop round when my obs is sorted. Hopefully by next winter's season.

Hello to all. 

Appreciate the wise words and I'm over it now.  Was really frustrated.  the plan was to run my recently tuned NEQ6 Pro mount  thru its paces.  Bobbing about looking at the usual suspects and getting my eye in again. 

I'll get there soon as you all suggest. 

Moonshane - have you moved property since my last visit a few years back ?  The note on an observatory sounds intriguing - maybe another visit when your all up and running could well be arranged. 

Clear skies to everyone given my cloudy  outlook last night. 

John 

Archived