SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

TS Optics 102ED FPL51 - Any info/reviews/users?

7 minutes ago, Lockie said:

TS used to be really good. Maybe this is a sign their in a bit of trouble? I speculate, but they're not showing their past form. 

I agree. Their stock range and fast turnaround were the standard for others to follow.

1 hour ago, Rusted said:

Despite being a loyal, long term customer with considerable expenditure in their favour, I am still waiting for a resolution,
a full month after TS received a factory misaligned and rigidly cement locked TS binoviewer for examination.

I just read your review and the problems you've been having, what a thoroughly terrible service.

You mention no shortage of staff when it comes to sending new orders out, a though I'd had myself. If TS are in some sort of bother, then this is false economy. Fast shipping means nothing if you cannot handle the smallest service/warranty issues and they will soon get a bad rep and lose business hand over fist.

• Like 1

Perhaps the sick person is the boss and they've lost direction without his guidance?

How many staff do you need to shift boxes from stock to the loading bay?

Not as many as it takes to field complaints apparently.

Success! At least for me. :thumbsup:

I had a nice mail from Michael who offered a refund or replacement.
I should [hopefully] have a new TS binoviewer by next week.

They had a retirement, which coincided with staff shortages and absences through illness.
Let us hope that TS gets better soon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rusted said:

Success! At least for me. :thumbsup:

I had a nice mail from Michael who offered a refund or replacement.
I should [hopefully] have a new TS binoviewer by next week.

They had a retirement, which coincided with staff shortages and absences through illness.
Let us hope that TS gets better soon.

Good news! Was this a result of raising a Paypal case?

Edited by parallaxerr

1 minute ago, parallaxerr said:

Good news! Did you raise a Paypal case to get this result?

No, I just threatened to.

I also sent them links to the two TS- relevant forum threads again.

It finally seems to have hit the spot. 

Good luck with yours. You have a good case for replacement and lots more "media" attention. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Rusted said:

No, I just threatened to.

I also sent them links to the two TS- relevant forum threads again.

It finally seems to have hit the spot. 

Good luck with yours. You have a good case for replacement and lots more "media" attention. :thumbsup:

Ah good, perhaps they are starting to see their failings.

Of course, my case is now between TS & PP and I have requested a full refund as opposed to a replacement. It would be nice if they could wrap it up quickly, rather than hanging it out until the Paypal deadlines.

• Like 1

I've been reading this thread for the last few days and I'm in total disbelief at the way you are being treated.  I know many others have said the same but I'm practically speechless. The scope is damaged. Send it back. Here's a new one. Very sorry. End of.  Why all the drama?! 

I look forward to reading about your new scope when all this is over...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mark81 said:

I've been reading this thread for the last few days and I'm in total disbelief at the way you are being treated.  I know many others have said the same but I'm practically speechless. The scope is damaged. Send it back. Here's a new one. Very sorry. End of.  Why all the drama?! 

I look forward to reading about your new scope when all this is over...

Thanks Mark. I've literally run out of things to say about it now, I'm just waiting in limbo for TS to respond to Paypal. You'd think raising a case would get their attention, but apparently not.

1 hour ago, parallaxerr said:

Thanks Mark. I've literally run out of things to say about it now, I'm just waiting in limbo for TS to respond to Paypal.
You'd think raising a case would get their attention, but apparently not.

Not for want of trying. I have directly linked TS to your thread twice now.
Including the tail end where everything went horribly wrong. ?
They must be aware of the members' sympathy for your lack of service.
I'm just grateful my case is finally resolved. TS are dispatching my pre-checked binoviewers via UPS today. 
I probably owe that to you simply for mentioning PayPal.
I use it all the time for their easy currency conversion but never considered raising a case through them.
Good luck, anyway! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

FINALLY -An offer of refund, postage paid!

Off to the Post Office!!!

Glad it's been sorted Jon. Though its took too long imo. Then again if they are dealing with staff issues then its maybe understandable but their first contact with you should have been the offer of refund or replacement. The question is what are you going to buy now?!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Good result! I bet you need a break now before even thinking about buying a new scope!  ;) 

Exactly

53 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

The question is what are you going to buy now?!

Nothing....until the Practical Astronomy Show.

TS haven't refunded anyway, they say they will wait to receive and check the scope. I may hasten this through PP tomorrow, claim is still open.

Edited by parallaxerr
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

Argh....Thats the exact same box and tape that the TS came in! Fingers crossed it's OK....

Have you tried the focuser?

It's got the same cap yours had one the focuser. It's not damaged but the focus action is not what I'd call smooth. By comparison, the WO GT71 r&p is buttery smooth. But then again, I've not experienced any other r&p focusers. This is only my second frac.

2019-02-28 18.19.49.jpg

2019-02-28 18.20.19.jpg

• Like 1

Expensive boxes them......

Yes, but how much ?

If scopes that cost £600 - £1K are getting damaged in transit with all the upset and hassle that means for vendors and buyers, I reckon an additional few quid on the price is worth paying from both perspectives. Seems a false economy to me to use inadequate packaging.

• Like 4

Let's see how Altair Astro deal with a customer complaint. I ordered an RDF with this. Got sent:779606592_2019-02-2818_52_12.thumb.jpg.223dc97cbd89f15ab22b2f1deebcbca6.jpg

One of the stalks was in the box with the Allen keys, the other was wrapped in bubble wrap and packed alongside the scope.

Also, I'm looking at the action of this focuser and I'm not entirely convinced its shaft is true ?

It turns and then it momentarily gets stiffer then it turns again and it momentarily gets stiffer again...

Edited by david_taurus83