Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS Optics 102ED FPL51 - Any info/reviews/users?

Just now, Mark at Beaufort said:

Jon - I am really pleased with your decision. However, I am concerned that you have posted your name and account details in an open forum. I think we need to blank out that info - do you agree?

OR, perhaps he could do another screenie with his CC or bank details too, and we could all enjoy a new telescope ? :) Kidding of course and awesome spot, didn't notice it, and should certainly be covered I think.

4 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Jon - I am really pleased with your decision. However, I am concerned that you have posted your name and account details in an open forum. I think we need to blank out that info - do you agree?

I didn't think there was enough info there to be of concern, but have deleted the screenshot now, just in case. I wonder if the replies will update without it?

EDIT: They have

Edited by parallaxerr
  • Like 1

Just now, parallaxerr said:

I didn't think there was enough info there to be of concern, but have deleted the screenshot now, just in case. i wonder if the replies will update without it?

If that were me I'd be more concerned about the other half logging on and seeing I'd bought something else.. haha

1 minute ago, parallaxerr said:

I didn't think there was enough info there to be of concern, but have deleted the screenshot now, just in case. i wonder if the replies will update without it?

Jon I just thought someone could log on and use your name and customer number and maybe great further info. I am looking after you ?

• Like 1

Just now, rhw1967 said:

If that were me I'd be more concerned about the other half logging on and seeing I'd bought something else.. haha

My other half has a keen eye. Typically I manage about a week before she notices the scope has changed colour or got larger or smaller.

2 minutes ago, rhw1967 said:

OR, perhaps he could do another screenie with his CC or bank details too, and we could all enjoy a new telescope ? :) Kidding of course and awesome spot, didn't notice it, and should certainly be covered I think.

There will be enough kittens after just the one scope purchase thankyou very much ??

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Maybe you will bring it to the SGL star party later in the year.

This really is one of my main astro goals. But, since selling our caravan I haven't got around to getting myself kitted out with a decent tent, probably because I keep buying different scopes!

Would be great to test this scope under proper dark skies.

14 minutes ago, rhw1967 said:

Was the exchange rate kind to you ? 

Well payapl gave me 1 GBP = 1.09581 EUR, but there's no mention of a foreign currency conversion, so maybe the rate includes that too?

Total bill was around £35 more than I would have paid from AA including the addition of a finderf shoe, but I prefer the TS aesthetically and there's no question about the specs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, parallaxerr said:

Well payapl gave me 1 GBP = 1.09581 EUR, but there's no mention of a foreign currency conversion, so maybe the rate includes that too?

Total bill was around £35 more than I would have paid from AA including the addition of a finderf shoe, but I prefer the TS aesthetically and there's no question about the specs.

Looking at it I think the rate includes conversion. Really nice telescope, bet you cannot wait for it to arrive :) 

22 minutes ago, rhw1967 said:

Looking at it I think the rate includes conversion. Really nice telescope, bet you cannot wait for it to arrive :) 

Yes I agree given that I'm seeing 1.14865 online.

Very much looking forward to receiving it. I really do hope this is the Goldilocks scope form me. 80mm is too small, though I like how portable they are and their reduced mounting requirements and the Equinox 120 required such a large & heavy mount to provide stability, that it became laborious to set up.

• Like 1

Sadly gents, there will be no grand unveiling this time, the scope is back in the box to be returned.

My immeasurably bad internet ordering luck has struck once again. I ran the focuser in and out and it was rough as toast. Further investigation highlighted damage to the inside of the box, a cracked focus wheel cover and ultimately a bent focuser shaft.

The external box is un-marked, so this must have happened before dispatch.

Edited by parallaxerr
  • Sad 5