Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 and Double Cluster from Portugal

paulobao

Paulo,

Thanks for the extra asteroid shots - simply awesome!!

You realise, I'm going to be checking every set of sub frames I've ever taken.....there must be an asteroid on there somewhere!!

They are images to be very proud of Paulo.

Barry.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry,

you will find it easily. I caught my first one by accident. Since than I went crazy about them and now I know exactly were they are (of course I would like to have a new one in my subs :D:help::lol: ). I have a asteroid position database of more than 190.000 from MPC just in case! I have a few GIFs of other ones (I have one at the M8+M20 field and other two at the M45 field among others. The most I caught in a frame was 5. Very dim ones at about 16.8 mag). I love those little rocks.

I do not want to bore you more so I post my first one (too heavy file in the original version!).

Asteroid (1817)Katanga at the M106 field.

Tak. FS102NSV @ f/6.2 + Canon 40D before mod.

viu1226614430c.gif

Cheers,

paulo

Hi,

Stunning images. Inspiring. I would love to have the full size of the M42 for my collection, please?

Those asteroid images are something esle!! Fantastic.

Hope to see lots more from your astronomy trips. I suppose you can more or less guarantee a clear night??? And M42 must be lovely and high in the sky for you down there in Portugal?

TJ

TJ

Thanks all again. I've no words for this warm welcome except send you another GIF.

About M42 it is about 43º now. I hope complete my M42 HDR next 28Nov -2 Dec (when I will make another of my AP trips). I need more 8min and 12 min subs. After reprocessing it I will post a M42 full res link. It is a promise since you like it so much.

Comet C/2007 G1(Linear) + asteroid (1088)Mitaka and asteroid (777)Gutemberga

7x10min with Tak. FS60C @ f/6.2 + Canon 40d in a very hot night in July.

Lot of noise but it is not a beauty contest anyway :hello2: .

Cheers,

paulo

viu1226692828h.gif

Just read the whole thread and that is amazing stuff. Love the Gifs they are fantastic. The asteroid pics make you think on a whole new level on what information you can get from a series of pics great!

Where in Portugal are you from? I live in spain overlooking the northern border of portugal (near Tui in spain)

Regards

Neil C

Hi Neil,

I live in Matosinhos (Porto) so not far, but I take my pictures 250Kms from here in Douro region.

Here I can read at night without a candle :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: .

Could you tell me what F/D is your SPX? I'm trying to decide what OTA shouls I buy and OO is one of them. Never used a newt but saw some really good pics from newts. I need a faster OTA not too expensive like an ASA or a Tak Epsilon. OO uk seems fine and I read good reports on the GSO 200F/4 too.

Regards,

paulo

Paulo, the Perseus Double Cluster is magnificent. Your asteroid gifs are truly remarkable too.

It is rare to see this sort of imaging, it is an educational bit of work you have provided here.

What about the Skywather 190 Mak/Newt Paulo. At f5.3. Might be worth consideration.

SteveL has one on trial, and his assessment of it will follow as soon as the weather permits a decent spell of imaging. No coma corrector required with this one. I have my mind set on one of these instruments myself.

Cheers.

Ron. :hello2:

Hi Ron,

I need to read more about it. For now I'm going to try 25-30 min exposure subs just to see what I can get with my Tak setup. I know I'm with F/D fever now :hello2: but since I just only start AP in Dec 2007 I've a lot to learn :sunny: .

Cheers,

paulo

Hi Ron,

I need to read more about it. For now I'm going to try 25-30 min exposure subs just to see what I can get with my Tak setup. I know I'm with F/D fever now :hello2: but since I just only start AP in Dec 2007 I've a lot to learn :sunny: .

Cheers,

paulo

Well you have made remarkable progress in so short a time Paulo. You have obviously got a great deal of natural ability. You results a nothing short of spectacular.

We are all in for some wonderful treats in the future from you. :thumbright:

Ron. :p

Paulo,

The SPX I have is an F8 focal length 1600mm and I believe is meant to be good for planets. I took a few photos of M42 with it and also Saturn/Jupiter/Mars but haven't used it since last year as i am using the ED80 at the moment. Also I need an EQ6 mount as the LXD 75 cannot take the weight of the newt and the ed80 at the same time

(thats why I am not using it at the moment)

One day I will have enough money for the EQ6!

Neil C

Thanks again and thaks fot the POW. I can't escape now :hello2: . I just wanted to share my photos.

I will post other photos then.

Next 28Nov I will go for another AP trip to catch M33 and M1 both difficult targets (specially M1) for my stup, and of course the M42 subs I still need to complete my M42.

But I already have a bunch of photos I will share with you in a different thread. Let me resize it and I will upload those ones.

Cheers,

paulo

Archived