Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Valentines night moon

Chefgage

I did not go out for Valentines day as my girlfriend was at work. So out i went into the back garden armed with my new canon 200d and my not new skywatcher 200p on a dobsonian mount.  The idea was to just try and get a few single shots of the moon with no post processing to get used to all the settings.  The single shots came out well i think, heres and example.

20190214191746_IMG_0190.JPG

8 minutes ago, David Smith said:

Good result. Might benefit from slightly shorter exposure. A little under exposed is probably better as when you start post-processing you will be better able to bring out the detail.

Thanks for the tip ?

Well done for getting out there and getting some photos. I did the same and was amazed how cold it got where I was! (Ended up with quite a layer of ice on the scope after an hour or so). I didn't know whether I should just uploaded the photo I took on here or whether it was better to upload it on a separate thread.

I went with the second option. I've got a similar set up to yours, a single shot with a Canon 1300D on a SkyWatcher 300 Goto dobsonian.

Archived