SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon 550d help

hello all,

does anyone know of a way to put what I'm seeing on live view on my camera onto my macbook screen, basically so I can focus a little better, 

I find the screen too small on my dslr screen to really get a good focus, I took some pics of the moon tonight and on the dslr screen they looked in focus to me but when I blew them up on my laptop they were completely out of focus :(

thanks jon 

Do you use the 10x magnification on your DSLR screen? 

At the moment I am waiting for RVO to send me a bahitnov mask but the way I focus at the moment is on a bright star when aligning, such as Capella. 

yes I've tried to use it but alignment has to be spot on to use it otherwise its useless, I think allignment is really the issue, I'm using a az mount, no guide scope or camera, I'm just winging it lol, the problem is lack of clear nights for me, I never get chance so I rush when it is clear.... 

Archived