Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LX90 max payload SOLVED

LeeRich

Hi all.

Not sure if anyone wants to know but I was searching for a definitive answer on the max payload when piggy backing extra gear atop of an LX90.

As no one really had an answer I emailed Meade USA and explained that I own both an 8" and 10" model on a eq wedge and I wanted to know how much weight I can piggy back, like a small frac or dslr etc.

Salvador Bojórquez kindly responded from the Meade tech support and assured me that if well balanced then both size scopes will handle 10-12 lbs. He went on to explain that this weight must include all other attachments over and above the bare bones OTA.

Hope this helps anyone else wondering.

Clear skies all.

Lee.

NOTE: I will keep his email just In case ?

Thanks Alan, 

Yes the LX200 is a beast of a mount that can far outperform the LX90. If I had any pennies left from my obsy build I would of gone for that exact scope but I had to compromise so now i want to delve into AP I am limited with what the LX90 can carry ?

Cheers.

Archived