SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

High power lunar images

Stu

A couple of quick shots taken after observing last night with the Mak. These were handheld through one channel of the binoviewers at x278. Lovely views, surprisingly stable for such high power, I saw hints of the Alpine Rille, although no Plato Cratelets. Also the start of Hadley Rille but no more. These just shots of the most interesting parts (to me). Clavius looking fantastic.

PSX_20190213_224402.jpg

PSX_20190213_224614.jpg

Nice work Stu.
Interesting looking at Clavius you confirm what I thought I saw last night. I was confused by the chain of craters running south-west on the floor, when I was observing I couldn't decide whether they were craters or a chain of mountains, there was so much high cloud I wasn't able to push the mag. beyond 100x.
Thanks for the image.

5 hours ago, Saganite said:

Nice close ups Stu.

By coincidence, I had the 12" with bino's and similar power, and I found exactly the same. Brief moments through the 'seeing' showed bits of the Rille, but no craterlets.

Good to know it wasn't just me! Still nice views though.

Archived