SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Spaghetti anyone?

Since I bought the Samyang 135mm f2 lens I wanted to try something faint to see if the lens, stopped down at f2.8 would pick it up.

I decided to go for the Spaghetti nebula and because my back garden is fairly light polluted I thought that Ha would be a good way to start this target. Even though I could barely see it in the individual subs, after shooting 70x600sec ISO1600 with my canon 700D and Astronomik 6nm Ha clip in filter I decided to stack and process. Very pleased with the result but felt like something was missing so a couple of weeks ago I went on a field trip to a darker location to try and capture some RGB. Looks like I made the right decision to do that. I like how it came out even though the RGB is only 16x300sec ISO800 with a IDAS LPS-D1 CLIP filter. 

What do you think? 

EmilLRM_EXPORT_377173600683339_20190129_184039843.thumb.jpeg.ff020a24db56002acc593b2b69da4902.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_142124258962689_20190205_220404197.thumb.jpeg.8524f433fca08fd627519048ae410dd2.jpeg

Wow, tank you guys. I wasn't expecting such a response. A while ago I've seen a version of this target that blew my mind. Mine doesn't come close to that and that's why I didn't think very much of it but I am pleased with what I've been able to achieve. 

I'm glad you like it too.

Emil

19 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I still think your using some sort of witchcraft to clear your skies and send the clouds elsewhere. ?☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I don't know how other people are doing it but when I have a clear forecast I set up a plan and let it run on its own over night. I throw quite a few exposures because of high clouds and other things but that is what I do most of the times. I can't afford to stay up all night during weekdays because if work. 

12 hours ago, Rush said:

Emyliano,

Eccolo qui spaghetti + cappellini alla carbonara:)

Takumar 135mm SMC lens  7hrs HA + 3 hrsLRGB. , Atik 383 L + SBIG ST8300M.

1680660426_240HLRGBcopy.jpg.7b14a5a146bb3480f1389beb3bb5bf9b.jpg

CS

Rush

That Takumar 135mm has done a good job for you there, another + for the old Takumar lens, nice image.

Thank u Tim. You r right for an old lens,  Takumar 135mm and 200 mm  does absoultely a great Job. Stopped at 4 , its quiet sharp. Overall expenditure was 70 euros on Ebay for this lens.

Cheers

Rush

Superb image. Tiny, tight little stars and lots going on besides the pasta-fest!

I think (being honest) you could get it even better. For me too much of the Ha has found its way into the luminance channel. Sure, you haven't shot a luminance layer but it is still effectively there in an OSC dataset. If you could concentrate more of the Ha into red then I think you'd get better colour in the nebula and smaller blue stars.

But what a great result on a very large, very faint target.

This is not a beginner image!!!!!

Olly

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Superb image. Tiny, tight little stars and lots going on besides the pasta-fest!

I think (being honest) you could get it even better. For me too much of the Ha has found its way into the luminance channel. Sure, you haven't shot a luminance layer but it is still effectively there in an OSC dataset. If you could concentrate more of the Ha into red then I think you'd get better colour in the nebula and smaller blue stars.

But what a great result on a very large, very faint target.

This is not a beginner image!!!!!

Olly

As always great advice Olly. Thank you. I used the Ha as luminance but I will try to blend some of it into the red channel to see if I can make it better.

Emil

18 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

As always great advice Olly. Thank you. I used the Ha as luminance but I will try to blend some of it into the red channel to see if I can make it better.

Emil

If you use Ps I'd begin by adding Ha to red in blend mode lighten. Then you could apply a little as Luminance. When I do this I usually stop at 15% or less but some go higher. 

Olly

I have learned something here, I have not  known about the Spaghetti until now,  so thanks for that.  Strange looking object, but you have done an excellent job in producing this Image.      I can't assess the degree of difficulty in acquiring this result,. But I can say it looks superb.:icon_salut:

Ron.

15 hours ago, barkis said:

I have learned something here, I have not  known about the Spaghetti until now,  so thanks for that.  Strange looking object, but you have done an excellent job in producing this Image.      I can't assess the degree of difficulty in acquiring this result,. But I can say it looks superb.:icon_salut:

Ron.

It's very difficult, Ron. There is almost no trace of the object outside the Ha layer (or there wasn't when I tried it) and it is so big that a very widefield rig is needed to avoid a mosaic. This then makes it difficult to obtain nice small stars. Emil has done an incredible job here.

Olly

Archived