Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC443 Jellyfish SHO

john2y

Hey guys,

so this was the target I was planning getting 30 hours on, 10h for each channel. Well winter said nuh uh so I have one hour of Ha and hour and a half for Oiii and Sii and now when the sky is slightly better I can't see it from my balcony so it's over for this year. I would've post this much earlier but I somehow forgot that I didn't process this one. 

I processed it in Pixinsight and I'm quite proud about the denoising job I did while saving much of the details so it doesn't look too "ironed out" I've decided to skip the deconvolution even though it would definitely help to make the structures more visible but I probably had bad star mask and it was doing really bad stuff to the stars. I also didn't reduced the stars as I don't feel that it would help anything.

Taken with ES 102/714+0.8x reducer with ASI1600MM Pro and ZWO NB filters. 

P.S. The star above is too bright and it causes microlensing on the sensor, there's nothing I can do about it. It's probably the only bad thing about this camera but I still really love it.

jellyfish.thumb.jpg.3bd940c60ba79f2e8b51b9aa0937cbb9.jpg

Archived