Valentine's Day clear skies

Stu

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Tomorrow night, me and Lorna are having chicken fajitas for dinner. Might light a candle.

She's a woman after my own heart. Hates flowers, cards, chocolate, etc.

Loves Star Wars, the night sky and dogs.

She's a keeper.

Most definitely a keeper.

Tomorrow I'll take the 'giver of pleasure and pain' to town for either breakfast or lunch. On the way back home get something for a romantic dinner.

Still might have time to look into the skies later.

Typically it was a beautiful night last night. I crafting sneaked in 15/20 mins on the way home to test out my new 2.4mm Vixen HR eyepiece which worked very well, and then had a little gawp upwards when I put the bunnies to bed. Ursa Major looked great, I often focus on just the Plough asterisk, but really noticed the whole constellation last night.

20190214_234230-01.jpeg

Not only was it Valentine's but I had also been working away for 5 days. Got back 10pm last night and kids and wife were eager to see me. Clearest skies I've seen in ages but had no chance of being outside. Got the night to myself tonight and it's cloudy!!

I have to admit that my weeks highlight would be our lunch out.

Went to one of the guaranteed bet seafood restaurants we always enjoy. Calamari for her, grouper sandwich for me.

Headed home with high hopes for clear skies!!

Went out just before sunset and viewed some daylight moon. Felt confident this would be my best night out of the three days off.

Just at twilight, clouds rolled in again from the North.

Oh well.

Archived