Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 Orion nebula, different scopes, different cameras

StaceStar

Think i might be done with this target for the season :) this is 55 x 60s exposures from my garden in Birmingham with my osc camera...and 2 x 120s exposures luminance with T9 in Siding Springs observatory in Australia. Always enjoy a processing challenge...especially taking different cameras and optics and mixing it all together.

So image details:

55x60s exposures, altair 72edf deluxe, 0.8x reducer, hypercam 183c pro tec.

Siding Springs Observatory (Via itelescope.net)
2 x 120s exposures with luminance filter, Tele Vue NP127FLI, FLI Proline 16803 ccd.

All images stacked and processed in Astro Pixel Processor (including scaling them to each other).

RGB combined with luminance in photoshop and post processing also carried out in photoshop.

received_760768067635260.png

Very nice image indeed, the only mixing I tried was different exposures to control the burnout on the nebula, I mixed 60s, 2s and 1s, Took some time as I was following a guide of how to, but it was a nice image when I finished. Must try and get out now its warming up a bit, can't be in the cold like I use to. I have new gear I have never used from last March.

Alan

17 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Nice! I'm interested in how the Ozzie scope managed 2 minute subs without it over exposing? I done 30s Lum subs last week and the core is blown

It was a bit...I did some processing jiggery pokery. Here's the jpeg that iTelescope sent me as a preview of that 2 Mon exposure :)

image1.jpg

Archived