Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"Hypertuned" my AVX, One question though!

Anthony RS

7 hours ago, Anthony RS said:

I'm sure it's not the CW shaft that's moving, it's the whole axis. I also removed the cover and the play doesn't seem to be originating from the 2 brass drive gears' it is most likely from the ring wheel and drive worm then? The weird thing is that if I adjust the spacing a bit more to reduce the slop, the motors will bind and the slop will only be reduced slightly. Is there anything else that might be causing this? I also looked at the worm gear to check if it's not tight enough (from the locking nut) but it looked fine to me. I also tightened that just in case but the issue remained. This is very frustrating I feel like throwing the AVX out the window.

Ok well if there is no slop in the brass gears then it is probably between the worm and the crown.  I can't recall how to adjust this specifically, but I think it is adjustable.  It may be that your new bearing has moved the meshing point slight out from where it was before so it needs a little tinkering.

No need to throw it out.  I know it can be frustrating but it can be sorted, you just need to get it adjusted in bits so you're not chasing your tail.  Make sure you are happy that the main RA axis is good (main bearings all nice and snug and well adjusted (runs nicely with no slop when clutches are disengaged) and then start adjusting the gears, with the worm one being first.

The AVX will never be perfect, it isn't the type of design to allow that, but it can be pretty good.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived