Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Astro Imp

Evening 10/02/2019

At last some cloud free sky.
Set up just as it was getting dark, set the Dob tracking and had to stop to prepare my dinner.
Came out and the tracking was so good tonight the view was exactly as I left it, well pleased as it usually drifts off a bit.
Started by observing Theophilus, Cyrillus and Catharina. These really are a great trio to observe at this phase. Gradually upped the mag to 240x and had some great views.The central peaks in Theophilus were showing exceptionally well tonight.
Had another break for my dinner and came back and spent ages trying to observe item 90 in the lunar 100. Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins. I'm confident I picked out Armstrong during periods of really steady seeing but the other two eluded me. Perhaps I need to try a few hours earlier in the lunar cycle. 
Completing the Lunar 100 is proving quite a challenge but I've set that as one of the goals for this year.
A really enjoyable few hours, hopefully the start of a run of clear nights.