Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

Owmuchonomy

COMPLETED - SOLD - Daystar Quark (Chromosphere) - MINT in box

For sale is my Daystar Quark, Chromosphere version.  It has had infrequent use and I can't justify keeping it. Works superbly with my ED80.  It was purchased in July 2017 from Widescreen Centre so is still well within the 5 year warranty period.  I am looking for £625 posted to a UK mainland address.  Everything is complete in the box including instructions, USB cable and power adaptor.  Payment by bank transfer please.

IMG_2040.jpg.e654eed4e90f3b3a9f915dd6336219cb.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg.78e7f4efa8129cd3fbe0fbc28c7cb65e.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg.86436709dced840381b6ba77641f582f.jpg

Edited by Owmuchonomy

Is it a good one?

If so I am interested.

29 minutes ago, Singlin said:

Is it a good one?

If so I am interested.

It would be good to see images taken with it if possible.

Dave

It was purchased from another SGL member who originally got it from WSC. I have only used it for visual at which it excels with the ED80. I always used my Lunt for imaging but not since 2018. Due to summer travel commitments my solar work has dropped off dramatically hence the sale. The original receipt is still with it.

Has it had any issues?

If it is a good example I will purchase it.

Regards,

Simon

Does it achieve lock for all of the settings?

2 hours ago, Singlin said:

Has it had any issues?

If it is a good example I will purchase it.

Regards,

Simon

Not to my knowledge. Regarding ‘good’ I haven’t experienced other Quarks. It can’t be compared with my Lunt because the experience is somewhat different due to the 4x.

Hi Chris,

I have decided to spend a bit more and buy a quality tested new Quark just to be sure.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Simon

This item is now SOLD. Please move to completed. Thanks, Chris.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thomasv
      Both little used, 'as new' condition, selling due to change of camera.
      Price incl. shipment: Ha: £99; CLS: £49
      These are compatible with Canon 5D / 6D, etc, here are the links for details on these filters:
      https://www.365astronomy.com/optolong-h-alpha-7nm-narrowband-deepsky-filter-for-for-full-frame-canon-eos-cameras.html
      https://www.365astronomy.com/optolong-cls-city-light-suppression-filter-for-full-frame-canon-eos-cameras.html
      Regards,
      t

• By Hughsie
      Last summer I spent a lot of time observing and imaging the sun with a WO Z61 and Quark Chromosphere. Recently I have acquired a WO Z103 and if the sun ever comes out I would like to use this refractor for imaging as well. Question I have is with the wider aperture of the Z103, is it safe to use with the Quark and is an energy rejection filter needed?
      I previously read that it should be ok up to c100mm without an ERF but I cannot see any reference to this on now on the Daystar website.
      Thoughts welcome.

• By ThomasLondon
      Hi,
      I currently have a Lunt 50THa and I am looking for something showing more detail and contrast on the sun's surface. I have been considering the new Meade SolarMax III 70 Double Stack, the Lunt 60 with DS (fairly expensive in comparison) and now stumbled across the Daystar Chromosphere. My key considerations:
      - I love that I can just take out the Lunt at lunch time, put it on a photographic tripod, and I am up and running in about 5min. 
      - When travelling, it would be easier to have one telescope to take with me for day and night use
      - Cost is certainly an aspect - I do not want to spend more than about 3000 pounds.
      May I get your input on a couple of assumptions I am making (and which may be completely wrong - sorry, I am not a telescope expert, I just love using them...)
      - The only purpose of double stacking is to get a narrower bandwidth using (cheaper) filters with a wider bandwidth - by using two 0.7nm filters tuned to slightly different bandwidth the Lunt and the Coronado achieve 0.5nm effective transmission.
      - A Daystar Chromosphere with a transmission of <= 0.5nm will hence show me the same detail as a Lunt or Coronado Double Stack with a single Etalon
      - A refractor up to 80mm does not require an additional ERF
      - A relatively cheap achromat will do - as I am only observing at a single wavelength, the correction for multiple wavelengths really does not make a difference (at least for H alpha)
      So on that background I guess an 80mm refractor with the DayStar will give me a really good solution  am I right?
      Best
      Thomas
    • By Kronos831
      Heyyy its meee kronos and i have been wondering about getting a filter...I really want the best contrast and brightness i can on my nebulas(i want to view M42 M57 M27 M31  M81 M82 and lots more) with my future 8" dob. Is this filter really going to help me?
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/es_uhc_filter_125.html
      If it just a matter of quality of the filter itself  can you suggest a better one in the same price range?
      Or will not the uhc filter help me in general .IF so can you reccomend another one?
      Also is this         https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/uhc-filter.html         this       https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/es_uhc_filter_125.html        https://www.firstlightoptics.com/uhc-oiii-visual-filters/baader-uhc-s-filter.html               this better?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.