Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_peoples_choice_2018_winners.thumb.jpg.d8ce9c6569dfc2f48814f6d87da46170.jpg

david_taurus83

SW 200p and SW low profile crayford

SW200p, older blue version. I bought this from a member off here last year. Its had the tube fully flocked and the original focuser flocked as well. I fitted the low profile focuser straight away to enable prime focus with a DSLR. I also painted the draw tubes with Black 2.0 paint to reduce internal reflections. Some slight marks from inserting nosepiece's. I also sealed the gap around the plate and tube with black silicone as it's a bit better than foam. This is easily removed as it just peels off.

This one has the back plate behind the primary. Normally you would need to remove the plate each time to collimate but I drilled some small holes over the locking screws and grub screws to enable quick and easy collimation. The previous owner fitted a resistor block to the back of the secondary and a wired block which he used with a 9v battery to keep dew at bay. I have never utilized this as I never had an issue with dew so no idea how well it works and it didn't bother me so I left it put.

Comes with the standard dovetail bar and 2 extra tube rings for tube rotating. I used the top one for spinning the tube around for eye piece orientation and the bottom one to aid balancing.

This needs a minimum of an EQ5 or Skytee 2 mount for visual use. My EQ6 permanently homes my imaging setup so this isn't getting much use anymore. I'm selling stuff off with the intention of a smaller grab and go setup as I miss observing.

£50 for the tube, original focuser and the extra tube rings collected from Brum. I can meet somewhere reasonable as I travel the Midlands a lot for work. (I'm not going to give it away for cheaper. If it doesn't sell at this I'll keep it for imaging the moon at prime focus with the ASI1600.)

OR

£100 for the above but with the low profile focuser still fitted,

depending on...

£70 delivered to a UK address for the Skywatcher low profile dual speed Crawford. @Lurcher

Are you still looking for one of these?

David.

20190210_124429.jpg

20190210_124454.jpg

20190210_124723.jpg

20190210_125124.jpg

20190210_125235.jpg

20190210_124759.jpg

20190210_125315.jpg

Thanks very much for remembering my earlier post and thinking of me. I am still wanting the dual focuser thanks. I'll send you a personal message with arrangements etc.

Thanks.