Astrofest 2019 - Review

athornett

On my way home from Astrofest in Kensington.

Two days of brilliant talks with some truly world class speakers, some innovative new stuff in the exhibition, but generally less exhibitors with some big vendor names missing, not many good deals and decreasing range of stuff on sale. Becoming less the GOTO place to find your new gear but remains the definitive place to go for state of the art astronomy talks from the people who are leading projects such as New Horizons visit to Ultima Thule and other major astronomy research.

Highlights this year included amongst many others Brian May and David Eicher giving us a 3D trip around the Apollo moon landings and other famous space age images, Hayabusa 2 visit to Ryugu, Paul Abel on observing planets, Allan Chapman on 300 year trip through history, what is dark energy?, black holes, aliens, and many more.

I will keep coming back for more!

Andy

I've only made it there once, I think it was 2008. Such  a great day, Ha solar viewing outside  and great speakers that included Patrick Moore and David Levy. I'll put myself a diary reminder to try and go next year.

Archived