Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
stepping beyond

HH , IC434

This is the 1st test night for this disabled AA with my new moonlite auto focer mini v2 control ,1st time collecting data on the Horsehead nebula with any camera that I've owned , {30s } 25 frames luminous and 10 red channel combined in AIP4win and  PScs2 , astronomy tools . I used an  asi 174MM cooled -20c Zwo mini 5 efw , 8 in  astrograph , lxd55 mount guided with Orion 50mm  mini w/ helical . Captured in Sharpcap live stacking ,  I'm 0n my way finally got my autofocus set up correctly in Sgp to run a sequence later that week . It's a great feeling when everything is working together.

Median Stack Deconvolved copy.jpg

Edited by stepping beyond
  • Like 6

That's very moody!  So do you plan to go ahead and capture the green and blue data to make this full colour?  I hope you do as it's got the makings of a lovely image.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lalou
      Hi! I've recently acquired a new Astromodified Canon rebel XT and I've tried to take pictures of nebulas using it but I've noticed that there are these weird black artifacts that keep appearing in my images. Would like to know if anyone has experienced this before? Or are these dirt/dust specs on the camera, filter, and telescope glass? I've attached some of my edited and raw pictures for your reference. The black artifacts can already be seen in the raw image of the horsehead nebula and after stacking I think it got amplified. Anyway, advance thanks and I hope everyone's doing well.

• By maxchess
      This may be an artifact, but I took this shot of the Orion Constellation from the Canary Islands and it showed a small nebula around Beteleguse. Do you think this is real? The shot was taken with a dual band filter which brings out the Ha.  I initially assumed it was a camera artifact, but I took more shots with different camera positions and it was still there.  There are some on-line articles about such a nebula. My first reaction was to edit it out, but I think it might be real and only visible because Beteleguse has dimmed by over 50%.  What do you think?
      Max
    • By mikemabel
      These are my last images of 2019 taken with my ED72 and 183mm pro to be replaced by a 533pro
      These targets are not easy due to location trees etc except M1 , there was a bright moon as well so are all lucky shots
      but at last i have taken them warts and all . My guiding was all off as well
      Anyway a merry Christmas to you all and a Happy new year 

• By codeman
      IC4604 in LRGB Filters. Taking for Namibia during my visit in June 2019. This beautiful nebula is part of the rho Ophiuchi colorful cloud, i the center a 3 blue bright stars the reflect the blue light on the nebula.
      Photo Details:
      Lum - 20 x 5min = 100min
      RGB - 5x5min for each channel at BIN2, 75min
      Total Exposure: 175Min (~3 Hours)
      Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6
      Mount: DDM 85 Unguided
      Camera: FLI 16200 Mono
      Filters: Astrodon
      Thanks for watching,
      Haim
      My Flicker Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.