Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mare Crisium Lovely Right Now!

cloudsweeper

5.35pm Fri - beautiful slender waxing crescent Moon, sky darkening somewhat - M. Crisium prominent, central in the view - seven craters clear in the floor (small, close pair in the north very sharp - it's a bit like splitting stars!), also Oppel Ridge - nice at x160, but sharper and pleasantly framed at x80, x96 (ED80 Apo being used).  

A wonderful sight, although wobbly due to the wind!  Back now for more enjoyment, join me if you can!

Doug.

Fell asleep and nearly missed it, but rushed out with the 100mm, waited five mins for it to cool enough to give a sharp image, and had a lovely view of Crisium & its environ's. I wanted to try my new 2mm Vixen HR eyepiece before the moon got too low from my location. At 5.45 the moon is tickling the high tree line to my south west! I wish I'd noticed it earlier while it was better situated, but despite slight shimmer coming from the houses at the other side of the wood, the new eyepiece gave a pleasing high power view at X370. The best view though was through my binoviewer at approx X220. Love the Moon! :happy11:

Another observing session Doug!!!
Missed this, clouded out again!!!! I still haven;t managed first light with the new Esprit ?
The few nights after new moon give some lovely views but there's always  something interesting to observe whatever the phase.

1 minute ago, Astro Imp said:

Another observing session Doug!!!
Missed this, clouded out again!!!! I still haven;t managed first light with the new Esprit ?
The few nights after new moon give some lovely views but there's always  something interesting to observe whatever the phase.

I've racked up 17 so far this year Alan - doing really well, hope it continues.

Moon - just before mealtime (when it was darker), the Earthshine was very clear, making a fine sight against the dark sky.  Yes, Luna never fails to please.

And I hope you will be as pleased with your Esprit as I am with my Exp Sci ED80 Apo.  Love it!  Used it yesterday in conjunction with the 8SE - great swapping between views, and no GoTo!

Doug.

Archived