Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky Align problems 6SE

Hey all.  I recently purchased a Celestron 6SE.  Nice scope, nice tripod and mount, but having a weird problem.  I've done Sky Align and 2 star alignments, no problem at first.  Go to Orion Nebula, lands in the eye piece Everytime.  Only minor centering needed.  Now go to Andromeda, tree in the way.  Ok.  No problem.  Go back to Orion.  Problem.  The scope goes totally rogue, and when i mean totally rogue, I'm talking trying to flip upside down, or aimingthe wrong direction or both.  I had a Meade b4 and it never landed in the eye piece, it was always off a bit, but it never did any crazy stuff like this.  Any ideas?

19 minutes ago, Eric12345 said:

Hey all.  I recently purchased a Celestron 6SE.  Nice scope, nice tripod and mount, but having a weird problem.  I've done Sky Align and 2 star alignments, no problem at first.  Go to Orion Nebula, lands in the eye piece Everytime.  Only minor centering needed.  Now go to Andromeda, tree in the way.  Ok.  No problem.  Go back to Orion.  Problem.  The scope goes totally rogue, and when i mean totally rogue, I'm talking trying to flip upside down, or aimingthe wrong direction or both.  I had a Meade b4 and it never landed in the eye piece, it was always off a bit, but it never did any crazy stuff like this.  Any ideas?

Acts of randomness sometimes can be traced back to an inappropriate power supply. What do you use to power the mount ? 

You wouldn't think it would matter which way round you clamp the optical tube on the dovetail, but apparently it does. I had this problem, try attaching the optical tube the other way around. Someone tipped me off about this when I had a 4SE.  

4 hours ago, Eric12345 said:

Sometimes it's nice to go back and revisit the Celestron 6SE instruction manual to check out the correct alignment procedure again....just to make sure you're pushing the right buttons when you need to.  Just in case you need one for a reference...here you go  >

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/26535/Celestron-Nexstar-6-Se.html

This to may be helpful...>

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/516707-how-important-is-the-bubble-level/

Klitwo

On 08/02/2019 at 05:31, Klitwo said:

The scope goes totally rogue, and when i mean totally rogue, I'm talking trying to flip upside down, or aimingthe wrong direction or both.  

I've had this happen to me with my 12 inch Dob a couple of times. I found the only solution was to turn the whole system off and restart. A pain I know but it worked both times. 

Good luck!

Archived