SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Noisy Headphones...

PhotoGav

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. Ideally I would have the separate but calibrated files (with darks, flats and bias). Is that possible, please? Dropbox could be the way forwards? In the first instance just one or two files would be fine, just to see if I can get them to stack with my files successfully.

I'll look into that....... It will take me literally an age to get them all to you as I have upload speeds of about a heady 0.2mbps..... I'll get a couple to you probably on Thursday now as I need to get them calibrated first.

2 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I'll look into that....... It will take me literally an age to get them all to you as I have upload speeds of about a heady 0.2mbps..... I'll get a couple to you probably on Thursday now as I need to get them calibrated first.

Thank you Sara. The price you pay for clear skies - low speed internet connection? Well worth it!!

9 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Thank you Sara. The price you pay for clear skies - low speed internet connection? Well worth it!!

All is not bad......... the telephone company came round last week and much to our surprise they are going to put in fibre optic...... 100Mbps ..... I won't know what to do with myself LOL!!! Of course we do have an obligatory 4-6 month wait and a degree of uncertainty as is standard with all Spanish works until they are completed!!

57 minutes ago, swag72 said:

All is not bad......... the telephone company came round last week and much to our surprise they are going to put in fibre optic...... 100Mbps ..... I won't know what to do with myself LOL!!! Of course we do have an obligatory 4-6 month wait and a degree of uncertainty as is standard with all Spanish works until they are completed!!

Wow, excellent! Fibre broadband and clear skies.... I’m coming to Spain.... oh no I’m not, my freedom of movement is about to be relinquished, for the Greater good of the Kingdom............. sorry, no politics...... let’s have a nob gag instead (memories of Ben Elton and Friday Night Live)... I do hope that the few Headphones subs don’t have to wait for the internet upgrade!!

1 minute ago, steppenwolf said:

Collecting the OIII for this object is always a nightmare, I'm on my second year of data acquisition on it and in fact the data is rolling in as I write this but I am expecting noise and faint signal!!

Nice one Steve - I probably should be doing the same but things have a way of getting in the way!!!

3 hours ago, swag72 said:

Have PM'd you with 3 calibrated Ha image links on dropbox...... 

Thank you Sara.

3 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Collecting the OIII for this object is always a nightmare, I'm on my second year of data acquisition on it and in fact the data is rolling in as I write this but I am expecting noise and faint signal!!

Really... OIII in this moonlight?? Or are you on Ha? Whatever, yes, OIII is always a bit shy!

Archived