Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

NGC 1502

BAA/CPAC 27th April 2019

Hi everyone.  Advanced notice of an event jointly organised by the British Astronomical Association and Castle Point Astronomy Club on Saturday 27th April 2019 at Rayleigh in Essex.

The theme of the event is “galaxies” and various talks will take place. CPAC are celebrating their 50th anniversary and will be having a display of the club’s work.  A few trade stands will be present.  There’s on site parking and nearby is Rayleigh station on the Liverpool Street to Southend on Sea line.

Booking has now opened, full details are here       www.britastro.org/rayleigh2019

Sould be a great day out ? so maybe see you there, Ed.

Edited by NGC 1502
Details
  • Like 4

Hi Everyone.  I’m giving this event a bump, hoping we attract plenty of people.

Ed.

• Like 2

I should have mentioned this previously- this event is close to Rayleigh station on the Southend to Liverpool Street line, but on Saturdays there is a bus replacement service currently operating.

Therefore your traveling options are - the bus replacement service, regular bus service, using the car park adjacent to the venue, or perhaps if you’re feeling fit it’s time to pump up those bicycle tyres ?

Ed.

• Like 2

Hi everyone.   There are still places available for this event.  

It’s going to be a great astronomy day out, and will go ahead even if it’s cloudy ?

Maybe see you there.....Ed.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 

Sweyne Park School, the venue for this event, have asked that NO FOOD CONTAINING NUTS is brought onto their premises.

This is to avoid allergy problems.

Thanks, Ed.

Back home from the meeting. A great range of different talks and well done to everyone involved in getting it organised. The talk on Black Holes gave the old brain cells a welcome workout! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phil Fargaze said:

Back home from the meeting. A great range of different talks and well done to everyone involved in getting it organised. The talk on Black Holes gave the old brain cells a welcome workout! 

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it ?

The day went smoothly for visitors, but behind the scenes those organising the talks had to go to plan B.  But then plan B unraveled...........in the end a great line up of very competent speakers entertained us greatly.

Ed.

• Like 3

I was most sad to have to cancel myself at the last minute,
pleased that another CPAC member managed to use my place.