Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C/2018 Y1 [IWAMOTO]..is there two..

Hi every one,

My first crack at 2018 Y1....imaged around 3-30 am on the morning of the 5/2/19. 3x 120s stack. I know it is not that good of an image has it was in a very light polluted part of the sky for me....Has It broken into two parts....or is it something to do with my processing. Can't wait for the next clear spell for another go and hopefully out of the  murk of the potteries light. Here are two pics,,2nd one is cropped, I hope you can see what I mean..Thanks for looking.

Scope  WO STAR 71

Camra ZWO ASI 1600mc-cool.

Mount IOPTRON CEM 120 EC.

Bob..

3 x 120s 15%sat copy.jpg

3 x 120s 15%sat copy 2.jpg

55 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

What did you use to stack,i had a similar thing when stacking a comet in DSS and it turned out to be a miss alingment while stacking on the comet,but it could have split.

I used DSS to stack but not on the comet. I think you are right though Paul. I have had a look at the single subs and I can't make out a split in them....I will make sure and have a look next time. Thanks for your reply.

52 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Nice imaging Bob. I haven’t seen this one before. 

Thanks for your nice comment  tooth dr. It is a new one, I think it was only discovered in December last year.

14 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Good catch Bob haven't got around to this one yet, it's lurking along the roof top / tree line here.

Dave

Hi Dave,i also have been waiting for it to clear my house and observatory wall these last few days to get it. Tuesday morning  just after 3ish I managed it. Hopefully it will be clear on the 12th and we get it at its close pass. ..Hope you get some clear skies as it gains in height.

Archived