Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Optics RedCat 51 APO

FLO

4 hours ago, jjosefsen said:

My wife does the occasional wedding photography.. I am trying to convince her this lens is a must have for such events..!

I don't think it's going well.. ?

Keep at it, I am am sure it would make a very fine "video" lens.....

Alan

21 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Sunshine has just shared a great handling experience video. It's a corker and looks very thought out. Certainly appears to have raised the bar on size and quality not forgetting versatility.

I can enjoy looking.

Thanks HK, put the link here as well.

I've watched a few of that guys WO videos in the past, not sure what his connection with WO is but have noticed there's only ever good things to say about a product so not very objective or are they just that good :grin:

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=179&v=XEqjSouILKg

Edited by Davey-T
  • Like 1

I had a good look at it today with Simon on the Widescreen stand.

Very nice bit of kit. The thread is a standard 48mm female.

I didn't see or hear a diagonal option mentioned as an extra.

It was irresistible enough for me to put my name down on the list for the first batch anyway.

And a nice little show discount thrown in as well.

Edited by Tubby Bear
typos
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks HK, put the link here as well.

I've watched a few of that guys WO videos in the past, not sure what his connection with WO is but have noticed there's only ever good things to say about a product so not very objective or are they just that good :grin:

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=179&v=XEqjSouILKg

Dude's not going to slag them off and then expect freebies now would he? ;)

I do enjoy his videos but i never get impressed by his verdict.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Dude's not going to slag them off and then expect freebies now would he? ;)

I do enjoy his videos but i never get impressed by his verdict.

Agreed.  Not once heard him say a single bad thing about anything from William Optics.  But we know different......don't we??

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

Looks nice and tempted but.....

Thought of using with a full frame but seen an image with one, would have to crop a bit.

Hello, can you share the image?  I've just invested in a Canon 6d just as this wee scope comes to light,  I assumed a perfect combo, if not will stick to my MF lenses.

That's what we meant when we said... 

On 06/02/2019 at 18:08, FLO said:

William Optics claim a 44mm flat-field imaging circle (so covers a full-frame sensor). We cannot confirm that yet but we think if it covers the smaller APS-C then that alone will be impressive! 

Most manufacturers of imaging scopes (including some expensive high-end ones) are optimistic when they quote imaging circles. Most mount manufacturers are the same when they quote payloads. The RedCat 51 hasn't yet been released but we are predicting it will (though only just) cover full-frame. We are confident it will handle APS-C with ease ?  

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This little fellow is destined for a bright future.    I know I am not the best placed to make this assumption, I'm acting on pure instinct.   The wife and I have crossed swords on my interest, but I will wear her down ?.

Ron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2