Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

iwols

teleskop service ? corrected

hope this post is ok but due to no stock in the uk  first light optics,im looking at teleskop  house in germany to supply it as anyone had any dealings with these thanks

Edited by iwols

I've used them before. Very happy with them.

• Like 1

Yep.  Very good.

• Like 1

If you are talking about Teleskop-Service, then yes, very good service so far!

Edited by Space Oddities
  • Like 1

thanks think this answers my worries 😀

• Like 1

They are my "regular" supplier - mostly due to very reasonable shipping rates, their prices seem a bit higher than others, but when shipping fees are accounted for - they end up cheaper option.

I did have couple of issues with them - most were sorted right away, but I'm saying it was not all smooth sailing.

Once I got 1.25" filter with wrong thread size (it would not screw in any of my eyepieces) - It turned out that whole batch they got from their supplier (china factory maybe?) was flawed. I was sent replacement at no charge (did not need to send original back - which was nice as I just replaced bad cell and gave it away to member of local forum).

I got into argument with them once over Lunt Herschel wedge, as they offered version without ND filter inside - I thought this was irresponsible since Lunt use manual states that wedge comes with all needed filters and is safe to use as is! I purchased Lunt white light wedge from them after they confirmed that they will include proper ND filter with it as is on original product. When I got it - one of the screws holding assembly was loose and thread damaged (like it was cross threaded or something) - it was obviously unit that has been opened (possibly to take ND filter out, or to put it back in or both). Unit was optically fine so I did not ask for replacement.

They have a bit of problem with communication in English - I needed to exchange multiple e-mails to explain what I meant (obviously Google translate is not yet 100% up to such task).

Apart from above (and maybe couple more things so minor that I don't remember them anymore) they were OK to deal with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vlaiv said:

It looks like they are still offering this item for sale???

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p9340_APM---Lunt-1-25--Herschel-Prism-without-filters.html

At least they included warning, but it's at the bottom of the page - very obscurely placed???

image.png.64159341df100f53b748b40ef569c3ca.png

Well, it also says in the title section, that the prism doesn't include any filter. In the "In the box" tab, there's not filter listed. But that can be misleading, indeed, if you initially believe the filter is included...

Alternatively, there's another prism with an ND3 filter included: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2818_Lunt-Solar-Systems-1-25--Herschel-prism-for-solar-observation.html

Both looks very similar, but indeed, the descriptions aren't always very clear and sometimes misleading. I usually navigate between the German and English versions, just to be sure.

Edited by Space Oddities

3 minutes ago, Space Oddities said:

Well, it also says in the title and in the "In the box" section, that the prism doesn't include any filter.

Alternatively, there's another prism with an ND3 filter included: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2818_Lunt-Solar-Systems-1-25--Herschel-prism-for-solar-observation.html

Both looks very similar, but indeed, the descriptions aren't always very clear and sometimes misleading. I usually navigate between the German and English versions, just to be sure.

This in it self would not pose a problem if it were genuine Lunt product - one that can purchase from Lunt with appropriate ND filter mounting instructions and warning associated. Problem is that there is no such product from Lunt, and what is more worrying is that official Lunt manual (downloaded from Lunt solar website) for their white light wedges states following:

image.png.4e62da59ae059a1683240ca829a5402e.png

Now, one could argue that selling modified product from renown vendor, under exact name and branding is cheating customers. If I buy Lunt (or any other brand) product from retailer, I expect to get exactly what was advertised - otherwise I would complain to manufacturer, right?

That aside, in this particular instance, such neglect can lead to extreme consequences. What would happen if a person mistakenly ordered above product, got no manual with it (and downloaded it from Lunt website), or worse, got exactly the same manual that can be found on Lunt website - which state that ND3 filter is preinstalled, and looked thru the wedge at the sun?

Why would anyone in the right mind ever fiddle with such product and risk above thing happening?

In my Experience, they're fine folks. Living in italy they (both before when it was only german, and now that they have opened a local store) are always my first choice when buying new. 

Recently I purchased a tilt adapter and when installing it, i discovered that my reducer thread was too short, so it touched the front lens

They immediately proposed to send me an adequate spacer at no cost. Really great customer service! 

Fabio

Edited by FaDG

7 minutes ago, Space Oddities said:

I totally agree!

Did they say why they did it?

At the time, if I remember correctly it was listed as only option, so I've sent an e-mail pretty much stating what I've just written above, and they changed their item listing without much explanation. They removed item with no filter and just listed regular wedge with filter included.

Afterwards, I purchased the Lunt wedge from them (and see my above post about concerns of it being opened outside the factory - but I figured they needed to open it again to put filter back in), so I did not check white light solar section of the website and I was not aware they had this product back without ND filter listed until today - talk about what had happened led me to have another look in that section of website.

I've bought several £ks worth of kit from them over the last few years. The only problem I had was sorting out the back focus of their 81Q six-element Astrograph, possibly a communication problem, though I find their written English to be very good. Not Google translate?, just good language skills.

• Like 1

Can only say I had no issues with buying scopes & equipment from them - usually things that are not availble from this forums sponsors I might add!