Narrowband

W & W Astro

PorkyB

W&W Astro are on ebay as "Dewheater".  They sell dew heater bands and cables.

I have bought several heater bands from them.  All have arrived quickly, worked perfectly and are very competitively priced.  My latest purchase is a heater to wrap around the secondary mirror of my Newtonian scopes - it works a treat.

It's good to see a small supplier entering the market and doing such a good job.

• Like 8

Credit where due...

I ordered another dew heater from Barbara at W&W Astro Dew Heaters and whilst out for a short while one of my boxers (The Mischievous one) decided to chew the package and destroy the heater.

I made a quick call to Barbara just to check the polarity and she very kindly said she would send me a replacement free of charge!

Originally bought of fleabay at : - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W-W-Astro-dew-heater-40-cm-for-5-telescope/192323865878

But you can purchase direct from her at the following: -

W&W Astro
www.dewheater.com
shop@dewheater.com
Tel: - 07449065886

Couldn't ask for better service :-)

• Like 7

Amazing, amazing service from Barbara at W&W Astro.

Contacted her about a dew shield for my telescope. She messaged back right away and over the course of the following hours exchanged a number of messages with her, sorting out exactly what I needed.

Nothing was too much trouble and having decided on what I wanted, it was received the very next day. She messaged me too saying if I needed any adjustments just to let her know.

Cannot say enough about this wonderful service, and would recommend Barbara at W&W for all your dew shield and dew heater needs.

Amazing !!!! 

• Like 6

I needed extra dew bands for my new set up. Initially ones for the Starlok cameras, today I needed to add some extra ones for the main OTA and the 60mm AA Finderscope. Immediate service! I've been using my camera one.

Barbara's design is very rugged  and I have been using them for a number of years with no brokeb connections.

IMG_2348.JPG

• Like 1

Just received my second round of Dew heaters from W & W.

These are absolutely the best I've seen - really well made, nicely adjustable and with good quality connectors. Also got the USB connector which allows the band to be driven by a usb power pack which adds greatly to the convenience.

And service is superb, I ordered on Saturday and they dropped through my door on Monday - and I live in the West of Ireland! And finished off with a nice personalised, hand written note from Barbara. Call me a dinosaur but in this day and age that just makes my day.

David.

• Like 4

• Ibbo! locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered one from them to fit my Esprit 150 last Friday having read 2 favourable reviews, it arrived today (Wed 9 October), and would agree that they appear to be well made and of good quality, superior to the Kendrick ones of which a have a couple.

I wouldn't however give them 10 out of 10 on customer service, I initially asked by email what size I should purchase to fit my Esprit 150, which has a dewshield 8in or 203 mm in diameter, but didn't receive any reply after several days. In the end I decided to order the 8in model, but found that it is a bit on the big side, and could have probably saved myself a bit of money by going for the 6 or 7in version, however I'm not bothering to send it back to exchange for a smaller size.

John 

• Ibbo! locked this topic
  • 2 years later...

This is a fantastic small company in UK supplying what I consider to be the best Dew Heaters available anywhere and at a very fair price.

They also provide a service level that is second to none. Recently I made my first post Brexit purchase from them (I'm in Ireland) and Barbara could not have done more to be helpful in face of the difficulties of sending outside of UK..

I cannot recommend highly enough.

• Like 1