Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Star101

Messier M108

Last of my collection of data from the weekend clear skies.

C11 with focal reducer (1760mm), ASI183mm Pro. Astrodon filters. Mesu 200. Pixinsight.

M108

25 x 60s Lum

8 x 60s RG&B

Thanks for looking

Dave

M108 David Newbury.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice Dave. 

Thanks tooth_dr.

I was happy with this image considering the small amount of data 

If I did this again, I think I will use the full 2800mm fl of the C11.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mdstuart
      The August galaxy of the month (the 100th one actually) from the Webb Society is NGC 7042 in Pegasus.
      https://www.webbdeepsky.com/galaxies/2019/
      So I thought, better get that new 20 inch dob out and try it. The sky was a bit milky and there was a lot of high cloud around but that was not going to stop me!
      Well I found NGC 7042 fairly easily. You can tell its a spiral as it has that characteristic low surface brightness glow across its entire face. It sits next to a triangle of stars. I then worked hard to see if I could see NGC 7043. I could not see it last time I tried when I had a 14 inch scope. Well this time I got it just! Very faint even with averted vision but definitely there. I managed to see stars to mag 14.9 despite the poor skies.
      Here is my observation:

I also had a look at a few more galaxies on my target list, IC 1473 in Pegasus (within a triangle of stars) and IC1550 in Andromeda. That brings my total galaxies observed up to 1800.
      Here is IC1550 from Aladin. Perhaps not galaxy of the month but it was special to me as no 1800 and it looks lovely next to that field star. I read that it is about 275 million light years away behind the Perseus-Pisces supercluster wall of galaxies.

Another great night of observing with the new 20 inch scope. 
      Do give any of the above targets a go as they are well placed to the east at the moment (which is best for me over the Cotswolds!) and let me know how you get on.
      Thank you to Owen for the inspiration.
      Mark
    • By Firas1
      Hi guys, I'm new here. 
      So i have heard from this source: 
      http://www.thescinewsreporter.com/2019/06/in-august-andromeda-galaxy-will-move.html?m=1
      that the galaxy andromeda will be visible to the naked eye and look bigger than the moon. They said that it will happen in August, but didn't specify a day. 
      Does anyone know anything about this? Or about how i kann see it? 
      Thanks in advance and sorry if my grammar is bad 
    • By Amajed
      Hi, this is my first time using my new Esprit 100ED, my first time processing using Pixinsight, and it's my first image using a Mono + filters.

I loved them, can't wait to try on more targets.

here's the result:

Equipments:
      SkyWatcher Esprit 100ED
      SkyWatcher EQ6-R
      SkyWatcher EvoGuide 50ED Guidescope
      Imaging cam ZWO ASI1600MM Cool Pro
      ZWO EFW
      ZWO LRGB+NB 36mm filters
      Guiding cam ZWO ASI290MM Mini

Seeing was avarage
      Location was in a Green Zone

Exposures:
      Ha 11x1800sec
      L 39x300sec
      R 13x300sec
      G 15x300sec
      B 15x300sec
      Darks:
      24x300sec
      10x1800sec
      Bias:

Thanks
    • By FranckiM06
      Hello everyone,
      So, I come back with a nice galaxy that we don't see often in the astronomy forums. This week-end, I was ready to do some shots on nebula and I installed already the reducer but when I was ready, It was too late to have a shots on my target so I decided to change and to do some shots on this galaxy that is interesting target concerning the polar ring. I was lasy to remove my reducer and to install again the flattener so I was afraid to get small target view but it is ok.
      Concerning the exposure time, I have done 15 x 600s + 18 x 300s in Luminance (without guiding) :   

I hope you will like it.
      Franck
    • By Star101
      C11 with focal reducer (1760mm), ASI183mm Pro. Astrodon filters. Mesu 200. Pixinsight.
      80 x 60s L
      30 x 60s RGB
      2.8 Hours data.
      Thanks for looking.
      Dave.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.