SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD2 - Not guiding after making adjustments

Cemers1

Hi Guys, hoping someone can help me with the guiding issues Iv'e been having. First of all my setup is:

• Explore Scientific ED80 Triplet 
  • Skywatcher EQ5 mount with synscan 
  • Orion mini 50mm guide scope
  • Altair GPCAM2 AR0130 Mono (as the guide camera)

I did my polar alignment and 3-star alignment, which was spot on. So I set up the GPCAM2 and opened PHD2 where I selected "Altair Camera" and "On-Camera". It was all in focus, kept it on the default settings and I selected "auto select star", then it said I was guiding (I can hear the mount making small adjustments). A message popped up saying I needed to increase the max RA duration, then I needed to increase the max DEC duration, which I did gradually by 1000ms each time the message appeared. Still no progress.

So I restarted the process with the max RA and DEC duration as 8000ms and it said I needed to eliminate the source of the problems.

(I HAVE ATTACHED IMAGES OF THIS)

I'm not sure why it not working and if I'm doing something wrong. But if someone knows where I'm going wrong, or has any advise it will be greatly appreciated!

:)

Oh and just let me know if you need any more info, because Iv'e probably missed something out. 

Thanks again ?

2500ms.thumb.JPG.eee92d518bf086b122b1070d51177204.JPG8000ms.thumb.JPG.55c43c0d191944bc855f093b034e3c36.JPG

Archived