SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi,
I normally using the AstroImageJ software when doing the first steps in my preparing of astrophotos. My camera is a Canon EOS 6D, it has a normal singel color sensor with Bayer pattern filter.

There are a lot of different Bayerpattern, Canon normally has the filter order RGGB. In my case I read out the overscan region of sensor and then maybe the start pixel position can be at another color filter.

Sometimes I feel it's a bit hard to bring out the color in the following steps. So I had to test that I didn't mixed up the Bayer pattern when I created the macro that do the demosaicing.

To test this I made a RGB color test pattern image and took photos of it. Then demosaicing the CFA image to get 4 new images Red, Green1, Grenn2 and Blue, each 1/4 of the original size.

From these images I easy see if the demosaicing is done correct.

If it's interesting read about more details I have put together a page over what I do when testing the demosaicing function:
http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-raw-demosaic-combine/tutorial-raw-demosaic-combine.html

What result did I get? It was correct so I don't have to worry about that as long I keep my Canon camera.

/Lars

Archived