SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astroberry Pi Server

astrosathya

Starting my 1st IOT project. Since i've been an astrophotographer with no permanent setup, it makes sense to reduce the physical footprint (and the weight) of as many equipment as possible, as well as to do better cable management. I am soon going to start using Astroberry Pi server, an Ubuntu based suite for Astrophotography. Just purchased a Raspberry Pi 3B along with a 3.5" display for that. Lets see how it goes.

Telescope IOT.jpg

On 06/02/2019 at 03:43, RadekK said:

Can't wait for an update Sathya ?

Folks, meet Radek. He's guilty as charged for making me go down the Astroberry route. So far so good. I've set up the location and other drivers n KStars. I've looked at tutorials and INDI forum. I've paired my EQMODBT but since last night was clear, i ended up using my existing laptop to get additional data on My current target. 

What I must emphasise is the fact that I am a good user of computers, but I am not good with the behind the scenes stuff in computing. i.e; configuring, loading OS etc. Radek told me that I simply have to flash the SD card and put it in the memory card slot and boot up the Pi3B. Thats it folks, nothing else. It worked. I've managed to control the device simultaneously via Desktop, and two mobile phones. Thats about the update as of now. I'll keep you all updated as things progress. 

Archived