Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2903

astro mick

Tackling a Smallish Galaxy with a small F6 scope was not the brightest idea,but my intended target was well past the merian,before skies cleared for me.

Anyway i opted for NGC2903 in Leo,as it was rising in the East.

I spent a fairly while on this Galaxy,and was a litle dissapointed with what i got for my efforts.

4 hrs Luminance and 2 hrs RGB did,nt seem to short a time too spend on NGC2903f.thumb.png.4991a0c35ed13d76a0129c3ed49cc70e.pngthis Galaxy.

I am mainly dissapointed with the colours of the Galaxy,as not too sure wether this is how its supposed to look.I was hoping for yellows/blues with dusty lanes.

I was never going to get a large image with this set-up.

Anyway.

Mick.

My favourite type of DSO, and you’ve done a great job, plenty of detail there. Lots of distant galaxies visible on the zoom in as well.

There is a hint of red in the background sky on my screen but that could be my device.

Will definitely give this one a go.

Lovely image indeed.

What processing software do you use? I think yoiu can get the colour of this galaxy right with some colour calibration.

The background colour also looks a little red on my screen.

8 hours ago, wimvb said:

Lovely image indeed.

What processing software do you use? I think yoiu can get the colour of this galaxy right with some colour calibration.

The background colour also looks a little red on my screen.

Thanks.

I,m using Photo-Shop.

Any help with the colour would be gratefully received.

12 hours ago, tomato said:

My favourite type of DSO, and you’ve done a great job, plenty of detail there. Lots of distant galaxies visible on the zoom in as well.

There is a hint of red in the background sky on my screen but that could be my device.

Will definitely give this one a go.

Hi.

It does,nt look that way on my screen,but you may be right,as my screen may not be properly calibrated.

7 hours ago, astro mick said:

Hi.

It does,nt look that way on my screen,but you may be right,as my screen may not be properly calibrated.

If you use the eye dropper tool in PS, you can read background values. These should be equal for the three colour channels.

8 hours ago, astro mick said:

Thanks.

I,m using Photo-Shop.

Any help with the colour would be gratefully received.

Can't help with PS, unfortunately. I use PixInsight only. But make sure that the colour channels are aligned.

Maybe this can help

http://www.astropix.com/html/j_digit/digtechs.html

16 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Interesting target added to my list of galaxies to attempt.

Looks a bit red on my screen as well, PS says so too,  centre of galaxy looks a bit strange when zoomed in.

Dave

The answer to that Dave is dont zoom in.

The images were only lightly stetched,so i dont see how they could have been over processed.

I,ll have a look.

Archived