Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

Ah yes, just ever so slightly!!  That's why I have a small DIY fork mount and micro dome observatory to contain it on the books for sometime in the future.

Yes, that little rig looks lost on the EQ8!!

Looking quite good here, though there is some cloud forecast for 10pm, which is a bit inconvenient.  Don't really feel like a late one tonight.

However, I may be able to pick up some Ha on the Dumbell beforehand and then OIII afterwards.

James

Hmmm.  Just wandered out to the upstairs field to see if I could see the Moon, given that it's less than 10% tonight.  I found it, though it wasn't obvious.  What I also found was a pile of cloud heading this way, which is not amusing :(  Hopefully it will have moved on by the time it gets dark.

James

22 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Hmmm.  Just wandered out to the upstairs field to see if I could see the Moon, given that it's less than 10% tonight.  I found it, though it wasn't obvious.  What I also found was a pile of cloud heading this way, which is not amusing :(  Hopefully it will have moved on by the time it gets dark.

James

Hope it pushes off soon

I've just seen the lovely delicate crescent moon as I was firing up the rig ready for Stephan and Deer, it's just hanging there in the far western sky.

My GoTo has not gone to the right place.  Couldn't see anything recognisable when I set ti the the Cygnus Loop so tried the NAN.  With the mount as shown in KStars The FOV contains the Sadr Region.

1118041278_Screenshotfrom2019-09-0121-03-26.png.4dbb4a3e074fb83931b650689e8281c0.png

test_Light_H_Alpha_20_secs_2019-09-01T21-02-45_007.png.49e541dbeb3237908b4e9437f9279789.png

I could cry with frustration

The never to be sufficiently damned Sequence software has made a mess of my Trius, repeatedly dropping off but looking like it's connected though the cooler suddenly says -16 instead of -20. Synch on Deneb, OK, nice sharp stars, slew to my target and the camera drops off, try to take an exposure, no stars at all. Everything was fine the last time I used it, but since then I've changed the filters, and I think something's "broken" in the software. Even without Sequence it's playing silly Bs. It's the one long clear night we've had and it's stuffed.

• Sad 2